RE: Prayers needed for our dear friend Asha aka AqaqRasgirl

Hang in there Sis! Prayers said!

12-15-2010 at 12:02:39 PM

PRAYERS COMING IN FULL CIRCLE, Asha!!
wink

12-16-2010 at 12:07:57 PM

Blessings, my friend. I thought you might use some help from the Medicine Buddha:

Tad-ya-ta: Om Bhai-sha-jye Bhai-sha-jye Maha Bhai-sha-jye Ra-ja Sa-mud-ga-te Sva-ha

Namaste

d smile

12-16-2010 at 04:13:49 PM

Does anyone know how our friend Asha is doing?

Asha - the prayers continue - the healing Guardian Angels are being sent your way!

We miss you Asha. Get Well Soon.

Love,
Kanickismile

12-16-2010 at 04:44:30 PM

12-19-2010 at 11:37:27 AM

Has any one had any more news on Asha ?

12-19-2010 at 12:23:14 PM

I sent her a private email and heard nothing back, unsual, for her. I to hope and pray all is well or getting better. Love, peace and freedom, Olan.

12-19-2010 at 12:24:21 PM

RE: RE: Prayers needed for our dear friend Asha aka AqaqRasgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olan01

I sent her a private email and heard nothing back, unsual, for her. I to hope and pray all is well or getting better. Love, peace and freedom, Olan.

Thank you Olan I'm worried about her

12-19-2010 at 10:26:28 PM

need to call her and get a formal update, been so busy working and getting ready for chirstmas. Last time I heard she was still in the hospital and had been moved up to a higher level of care for closer obsevation, she is stable and doing well but still very sick, so please keep the prayers and positive energy coming her way!!! I will give a better update in the next day or so. Purity of the soul, journey well!!! with grace and humility ANGEL

12-20-2010 at 12:52:16 PM

Asha, I see many who's concern is expressed in love by well-wishing, hope, chanting and prayer. The evidence of your impact is on these pages to empower you with hope and good favor among those of us who have felt your touch--THANK YOU!!! You are prayed for and watched over by One greater than all our combined aspirations and effort.

12-20-2010 at 01:04:10 PM

Quote:

A PRAYER FOR OUR FRIENDS

O, Omnipotent Architect Of The Universe
We bring our humble friends to thee;
Be with them on the stormy deep,
Be with them in the silent hour
By land or sea , awake or asleep.
Be their Helper, Strength and Tower.

Maintain them, O God of Right, ,
Through their earthly strife;
Each holding forth the Word of Life,

Be their Light to brighten future days,
Let then not falter nor fail,
Though the rocky paths be uneven.

Stand up, Brethren- speak with cheerful voice,
We bid you fight for a blessed dawn;
Where be no room for despair.
And all hopes will be leaven;
Go-- win the country of your cho
ice
Of Truth and Liberty and Heaven.

[/b]

12-20-2010 at 01:30:47 PM

My thoughts reach out for you Asha in this time of recovery and wanted to offer congrats to you on you winning poem, Love, peace and freedom, Olan.

12-20-2010 at 03:47:32 PM

Great Spirit : We beseech You to reach down Your Hand of Mercy to touch our friend Asha who some know as ApaqRasgirl & if is within Your Will, restore her a state of robust health and happiness. Let no spirit or thought-form stand between Asha and full and complete recovery, AMEN

smirksmirksmirk

Last edited by devaamido 12-20-2010 at 03:49:31 PM

12-23-2010 at 06:33:44 AM

UPDATE: Prayers needed for our dear friend Asha aka AqaqRasgirl

My girl, Asha has been in the hospital for nearly two weeks now, and may not be able to come home before Christmas due to medical errors at the hospital.

Her COPD was being treated with steroids and blood thinners, and as a result of her chest congestion, she had a mild bit of bruising where small blood vessels had ruptured under her skin under the strain of coughing.

This is quite normal and SOP is to ease back on the use of blood thinners. Unfortunately, SOP was not followed. Her regiment of blood thinners either increased, or a dosage was misapplied, and what was normal bruising at first, Sunday afternoon, suddenly became life threatening, internal bleeding.

The one Doctor on hand at the time, dismissed her screams of agony, as drug seeking behavior. Previous blood tests identified that Asha had pain killers already in her system, prior to her hospital admission (she has FibroMialgia, and is on a regular course of pain medications at home).

I arrived two hours later to find that not only had she not been treated for her new symptoms, fever, swelling, and extreme pain, but that her NORMAL pain dosage had been WITHHELD.

At that point I attempted review her chart to see when her vitals had last been checked, and found a note to the nursing staff to NOT contact the attending Doctor about pain medications.

As you can imagine I was livid, I contacted the Florida State Governor's Office on my cell phone, marched up to the nurses station and demanded that they explain the situation to the Governor's Aide whom I had on the phone. In an attempt to placate me, and the Governor's Aide, they proceeded to give her three injections to her IV, and prepared to take her down for Radiological Examination.

I may not be a Medical Doctor, but I can read, and all three of the labels on the injections which I saw, identified simple Saline Solution, used to flush clean IV injection sites, essentially giving her a "hurry-up" placebo. It didn't work on me, but I said nothing, hoping the placebo-effect might give Asha some relief.

It didn't.

When they finally identified the internal bleeding, they hurriedly gave her a legitimate pain killer and a counter agent to the blood thinners they had improperly given her.

Asha could have died in the hours that the hospital staff ignored her symptoms.

If I hadn't arrived when I did, or hadn't forced action on the issue, I'm certain that she would have passed from their neglect.

Friends, your prayers are needed now, more than ever. Please keep Asha in your thoughts and hearts this holiday season.

If you would like to send a Get Well Soon card, you may address it to:
Pamela "Asha" Collins
c/o Room 223 Bed 2
Citrus Memorial Hospital
502 West Highland Boulevard
Inverness, FL 34452

Other Gifts or Flowers should be sent to our home at:
3926 N Huckleberry Pt
Beverly Hills, FL 34465

Please only send cards to the Hospital, as Gifts and Flowers are being held away due to her breathing difficulties.

Asha can receive a limited number of phone calls, and you may contact her via the hospital switchboard (only during hospital visiting hours 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM Eastern Time), at:
(352) 726-1551

She loves her OP Family and misses you all very much. Her laptop is working now and she will be online, a little bit at a time, as soon as her condition improves.

-Paul-

12-23-2010 at 06:42:26 AM

I spoke with Paul yesterday and she still has a little way to go. I am worried about her condition and the future. Paul also needs our prayers as he sounds exhausted running back and forth. I am going to try to be with them on Christmas eve. Not sure if I can sneak away. He is spending the night with her and I just thought that is so sweet of him. He is one of the kindest men I have met in a long time. He loves her very much so we can feel comfortable knowing she is in good hands. Oh and her gift from him is simply beautiful. Keep you all updated over the holidays. hugzrolleyes

12-23-2010 at 07:42:36 AM

RE: UPDATE: Prayers needed for our dear friend Asha aka AqaqRasgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovefrommom

My girl, Asha has been in the hospital for nearly two weeks now, and may not be able to come home before Christmas due to medical errors at the hospital.

Her COPD was being treated with steroids and blood thinners, and as a result of her chest congestion, she had a mild bit of bruising where small blood vessels had ruptured under her skin under the strain of coughing.

This is quite normal and SOP is to ease back on the use of blood thinners. Unfortunately, SOP was not followed. Her regiment of blood thinners either increased, or a dosage was misapplied, and what was normal bruising at first, Sunday afternoon, suddenly became life threatening, internal bleeding.

The one Doctor on hand at the time, dismissed her screams of agony, as drug seeking behavior. Previous blood tests identified that Asha had pain killers already in her system, prior to her hospital admission (she has FibroMialgia, and is on a regular course of pain medications at home).

I arrived two hours later to find that not only had she not been treated for her new symptoms, fever, swelling, and extreme pain, but that her NORMAL pain dosage had been WITHHELD.

At that point I attempted review her chart to see when her vitals had last been checked, and found a note to the nursing staff to NOT contact the attending Doctor about pain medications.

As you can imagine I was livid, I contacted the Florida State Governor's Office on my cell phone, marched up to the nurses station and demanded that they explain the situation to the Governor's Aide whom I had on the phone. In an attempt to placate me, and the Governor's Aide, they proceeded to give her three injections to her IV, and prepared to take her down for Radiological Examination.

I may not be a Medical Doctor, but I can read, and all three of the labels on the injections which I saw, identified simple Saline Solution, used to flush clean IV injection sites, essentially giving her a "hurry-up" placebo. It didn't work on me, but I said nothing, hoping the placebo-effect might give Asha some relief.

It didn't.

When they finally identified the internal bleeding, they hurriedly gave her a legitimate pain killer and a counter agent to the blood thinners they had improperly given her.

Asha could have died in the hours that the hospital staff ignored her symptoms.

If I hadn't arrived when I did, or hadn't forced action on the issue, I'm certain that she would have passed from their neglect.

Friends, your prayers are needed now, more than ever. Please keep Asha in your thoughts and hearts this holiday season.

If you would like to send a Get Well Soon card, you may address it to:
Pamela "Asha" Collins
c/o Room 223 Bed 2
Citrus Memorial Hospital
502 West Highland Boulevard
Inverness, FL 34452

Other Gifts or Flowers should be sent to our home at:
3926 N Huckleberry Pt
Beverly Hills, FL 34465

Please only send cards to the Hospital, as Gifts and Flowers are being held away due to her breathing difficulties.

Asha can receive a limited number of phone calls, and you may contact her via the hospital switchboard (only during hospital visiting hours 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM Eastern Time), at:
(352) 726-1551

She loves her OP Family and misses you all very much. Her laptop is working now and she will be online, a little bit at a time, as soon as her condition improves.

-Paul-

PRAYERS IN FULL CIRCLE.......Prayers being said from me and I am putting in a prayer request from a group I belong to......abuelita1

Last edited by abuelita1 12-23-2010 at 07:48:05 AM

12-23-2010 at 08:02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carynontherhine

Our dear friend Asha is nearer then we think! With her laptop still on op!! This talented poet and very special friend is seeing us all as we read and type. lol She is a true trooper and I see her ill yet I see her endurance. Hoping she will be out soon for the holiday coming, her beau is with her, steadfast and true. He so reminds me of her, projects strength and light with a heart of gold. And I am not speaking of gold overlay. Pure and beautiful they both. As we chatted about op, she had read my poem for Mindnumbing and shared how she corrects her grammar which I thought how sweet my friend Michelle is as I knew all along. And Michelle, she really appreciates you!! I left her in good hands, my son was due to come at any moment. A bit of a ride for him but none the less I felt warm out in the frigid air as Pauly shut me into my car and gave me a wave goodbye. I do believe her illness is not one to clear up and reside. Her's is a progressive one and I say to all, thanks for all your reads to her as her recovery is you all!! Hugzcool smileexcaimexcaimexcaim
\

********************************************************************************************************

THANKS , My Dear, for this encouraging report. I believe that Asha will be out of the hospital soon. She has a nice guy? I am glad to hear. How old is your son now? May you Christmas be as bright as your warm smile.

12-23-2010 at 08:02:08 AM

Quote:

Our dear friend Asha is nearer then we think! With her laptop still on op!! This talented poet and very special friend is seeing us all as we read and type. lol She is a true trooper and I see her ill yet I see her endurance. Hoping she will be out soon for the holiday coming, her beau is with her, steadfast and true. He so reminds me of her, projects strength and light with a heart of gold. And I am not speaking of gold overlay. Pure and beautiful they both. As we chatted about op, she had read my poem for Mindnumbing and shared how she corrects her grammar which I thought how sweet my friend Michelle is as I knew all along. And Michelle, she really appreciates you!! I left her in good hands, my son was due to come at any moment. A bit of a ride for him but none the less I felt warm out in the frigid air as Pauly shut me into my car and gave me a wave goodbye. I do believe her illness is not one to clear up and reside. Her's is a progressive one and I say to all, thanks for all your reads to her as her recovery is you all!! Hugzcool smileexcaimexcaimexcaim
\

********************************************************************************************************

THANKS , My Dear, for this encouraging report. I believe that Asha will be out of the hospital soon. She has a nice guy? I am glad to hear. How old is your son now? May you Christmas be as bright as your warm smile.

12-23-2010 at 08:02:11 AM

Quote:

\

12-23-2010 at 08:02:13 AM

Quote:

\

12-23-2010 at 08:02:14 AM

Quote:

\

12-23-2010 at 07:54:56 PM

dear family and friends of my OP family. I have my laptop on for a few minutes that I can tolerate the pain and I will try to reply to all of your prayers and concerns for me.......I am so thankful to have such good friends.......looks like I will be in here for Christmas.I had massive internal bleeding caused from their mixup.......it was quite painful and frightening.........I thought I was dying at that very moment screaming in so much pain......the doctor said that internal bleeding is very, very painful and now I have a very large haematoma in my left abdomen and a small one on the right lower belly that happened first....I was lucky that it sealed itself off without surgery so far.......but I am left with it inside me and they say it will take a long time for my body to absorb it....in the meantime my white blood count continues to go up which the doctors are confused about............all I can say is that for now I am existing between brief spells of relief with very strong pain meds, nausea meds and ativan ........guess they are covering their collective rears here..........lol......I am holding in here and praying that it don't happen again and end up in surgery.....I will catch up to all of you my dear family and reply to your comments a little at at time as my energy and pain level allows me..I love you all so very much and miss each of you............but I am strong blackfoot indian and I will survive................I am honoured tremendously to see that I wond the contest with sedated heart.........thank you much for all that my family have done...............keep checking posts by lovefrommom who is my boyfriend Paul he will help to let you all know how I am doing.....................loves ya bunches asha

12-23-2010 at 08:02:54 PM

Asha I'm crying my fool eyes out firstly because you are going through so much and because I feel a measure of relief if only a little xxxxx Big Hugs xx

12-23-2010 at 08:03:33 PM

Asha good to see you post, if something crazy again happens ask for a transfer to where John-Angels at, he'll put the POB hemlock on em.

Merry Christmas kiddo

John E and Maddi

12-23-2010 at 08:24:28 PM

My dear sister of the spirit of nature; my energy goes out to you for healing during this hardship. Love, peace and freedom my dear poet friend.

Poetry is what is lost in translation.

Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.