Original Poetry Forums

Poetry Survivor Contest

01-19-2010 at 04:07:34 PM

RE: Poetry Survivor Contest

Poets and Novel writers.You can achieve anything you put your minds to. It takes a bright minded person to engage in writing books and poetry.Getting the attention needed to get known is not easy. The process is a long struggle but well worth it.Never give up.Rome wasn't built in a day was it ? Keep up the good work .If meant to be you'll rise leaving behind a great work, you created. grin Possitive thoughts create good work.

01-19-2010 at 05:43:41 PM

RE: RE: Poetry Survivor Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsink

What's every body talkin' about? There's a Survivor contest on TV? I thought this was a venue for poetry or some other literary jargon. big surpriseshockcool smile

What's a TV ? I've heard of a CB...that's what us rednecks use for entertainment when we ain't huntin' ....Emma Mae, that is...
tongue rolleye

01-19-2010 at 08:01:05 PM

Congratulations Grito on your artilcle or "Spotlight". I will read it tomorrow. Peace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grito

I know Ein makes a valid point.
Drama and art,
poetry is both, require a balance.
A point and counterpoint to elicite the full spectrum of the potential. Here Ein is our Muhammad Ali in his legitimite and literary attempt to bring attention and drama to an inovative contest that I am sure Tom will allow to florish with paricipation by those that have an interest in it's success,
and that definately includes our so cuddly Ein!! LOL!!.

01-19-2010 at 08:01:52 PM

Hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria

Let me apologize first of all to any and all poets that I have offended. It was never my intent to cheat nor bring about the early demise of poetrysurvivor1 . By the title of the game, it would lend one to believe it was a contest �survival� not just another forum to post our poetry on and therefore votes were conducive to winning. There was not a rule stating that we could not invite or tell other people about it. In fact, I was under the impression that getting outside people to read poetry here would be a good thing. The only thing I am surprised at is I�m the only one who thought of doing it!

Tom, I appreciate the time you gave to administrate the contest and hope that if you do continue, the rules will be clearly defined before the entries are accepted.

Other than that, I will say...I�m rather enjoying the notoriety. Getting kicked off the island has probably brought more attention my way than if I had stayed on.

01-20-2010 at 06:49:44 AM

Thank you very much Gary!!!

01-20-2010 at 11:18:40 AM

RE: RE: Poetry Survivor Contest - To Grito

caressing the door with slowness, she entered the tavern of many nights
"Welcome travelers, to the dark side of my brain...

and thank you, Grito, for reminding me that I need to keep better check on my personalities.

One continues to plagiarize the others, posting comments that none of us would have allowed... another one sits around weeping because everyone is going to end up dead.. and then there's the one who loves to paint everyone's faces with adjectives... but I, Lionessia bring all of us to our knees, we'll be good, just let us read more poetry.." and now ::: off to see the works of Bear :::

01-20-2010 at 11:49:42 AM

Amazing!!!

01-20-2010 at 07:37:57 PM

RE: RE: RE: Poetry Survivor Contest - To Grito

Odd, but inviting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springsize

caressing the door with slowness, she entered the tavern of many nights
"Welcome travelers, to the dark side of my brain...

and thank you, Grito, for reminding me that I need to keep better check on my personalities.

One continues to plagiarize the others, posting comments that none of us would have allowed... another one sits around weeping because everyone is going to end up dead.. and then there's the one who loves to paint everyone's faces with adjectives... but I, Lionessia bring all of us to our knees, we'll be good, just let us read more poetry.." and now ::: off to see the works of Bear :::

Poetry is either something that lives like fire inside you or else it is nothing, an empty formalized bore around which pedants can endlessly drone their notes and explanations.

Unknown Source