Original Poetry Forums

please help

05-13-2009 at 07:44:33 PM

please help

I'm new here. I have posted (I thought) 4 poems, but I don't see them anywhere except on my page. How do I post them so they can get read and Judged? Thanks

05-13-2009 at 11:17:43 PM

Re: please help

When you post them on your page the judge's read them there and judge them.

05-14-2009 at 09:08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmin

I'm new here. I have posted (I thought) 4 poems, but I don't see them anywhere except on my page. How do I post them so they can get read and Judged? Thanks

As per the FAQ please read:
http://www.originalpoetry.com/faq#poetry_contest_info grin

05-14-2009 at 01:33:25 PM
  • henry29
  • henry29

I am asking you to delete my account. Thanks;henry29 cool hmm

05-22-2009 at 06:42:08 PM

its sugarcane1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmin

hi its sugarcane1241,i am new to this site too.but just go at the bottom of the pg. where you write your poems and choose a tag and click on submit.thats how it goes for a contest.

05-24-2009 at 04:10:31 AM

Best way to get your poems read is to read and rate other folks.

They want to hear what you have to say about their work as well.

As far as i know, the judges are the other poets on this site. I do not think their is a panel of people who read every poem on this site.

By reading and reviewing other peoples work, you expose yourself to a broad variety of styles and improve your own skills at writing.

grin

05-24-2009 at 01:55:38 PM

please help

i am new to the site. I wrtie my poems on my word doc and then pasted them into the posting page on this site. when i go to submit it will not allow me to. why is that? is there a character limit on the poems?

05-24-2009 at 02:37:26 PM

I just comment on your poem "I Loved"

It was beautiful - KD

05-24-2009 at 02:40:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPink

i am new to the site. I wrtie my poems on my word doc and then pasted them into the posting page on this site. when i go to submit it will not allow me to. why is that? is there a character limit on the poems?

I have not notice any character limit I go to add poems - then after I hit submit - it usually ask do you want to add a photo - then ask do you want to send it to facebook and etc. but I just hit skip this part / continue I forget exactly what it says.

KD

05-24-2009 at 09:18:37 PM

Re: Re: please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdavidscott1

I have not notice any character limit I go to add poems - then after I hit submit - it usually ask do you want to add a photo - then ask do you want to send it to facebook and etc. but I just hit skip this part / continue I forget exactly what it says.

KD

i copy and paste it from my word doc. could that be the reaon? when i submitt the poem its a long yellow potyion of the poem with codes.

05-26-2009 at 12:57:18 PM

Quote:

There is a limit, but its tens of thousands of characters long. How long is the poem that you're trying to paste in? Also, what error is it throwing up?

-Papa Paczki snake

05-26-2009 at 12:58:46 PM

Re: Re: Re: please help

Quote:

KD

i copy and paste it from my word doc. could that be the reaon? when i submitt the poem its a long yellow potyion of the poem with codes.

Sorry, didn't read this close enough the first time.

In the yellow portion, at the very end of the message in there, if its a character limit issue, it'll say "Your poem can't be longer than 50,000 characters" or something like that. Is that what you're seeing?

-Papa Paczki snake

05-26-2009 at 02:37:40 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by papapaczki

KD

In the yellow portion, at the very end of the message in there, if its a character limit issue, it'll say "Your poem can't be longer than 50,000 characters" or something like that. Is that what you're seeing?

-Papa Paczki snake

Yes something simular to that. its a pretty long yellow code and at the end it says your poem in over 10000 characthers long. the poem is copied from my word doc and pasted into the area for submitting poems. I am hoping that i dont have to maually type in the poems. that would be t long

05-26-2009 at 04:21:22 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: please help

Quote:

KD

-Papa Paczki snake

Yes something simular to that. its a pretty long yellow code and at the end it says your poem in over 10000 characthers long. the poem is copied from my word doc and pasted into the area for submitting poems. I am hoping that i dont have to maually type in the poems. that would be t long

You can copy and paste just fine. We bumped up the character limit this morning, so try again, and it should work for you.

-Papa Paczki snake

05-26-2009 at 05:09:07 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: please help

Quote:

KD

-Papa Paczki snake

You can copy and paste just fine. We bumped up the character limit this morning, so try again, and it should work for you.

-Papa Paczki snake

that worked. thank you very much!!!

A poem begins as a lump in the throat, a sense of wrong, a homesickness, a lovesickness. It finds the thought and the thought finds the words.

Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.