Original Poetry Forums

WORDSLINGER"S PREOCCUPATION WITH TIME IN HIS POETRY

03-18-2010 at 12:13:44 PM

WORDSLINGER"S PREOCCUPATION WITH TIME IN HIS POETRY

LOOK OUT for Cousinsoren's discourse on WordSlinger's preoccupation with the passing of time, in his poetry, to be posted soon,

03-24-2010 at 09:24:48 PM

RE: WORDSLINGER"S PREOCCUPATION WITH TIME IN HIS POETRY

Whatever works for Wordslinger, whatever inspires him...we all have our different modes and methods of inspiration, and if the subject of time is Wordslinger's saving grace, then so be it...

03-24-2010 at 11:19:20 PM

We old guys can take issue . Cousin and I are just a little jealous because he has a little more of it than us I guess.

Last edited by NevillePark 03-24-2010 at 11:20:15 PM

03-25-2010 at 12:37:53 PM

RE: RE: WORDSLINGER"S PREOCCUPATION WITH TIME IN HIS POETRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevillePark

We old guys can take issue . Cousin and I are just a little jealous because he has a little more of it than us I guess.

Damn right, Neville! . But you and I ( and guys like us) got a headstart. He can't catch up with us.......grin

03-25-2010 at 12:51:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uspslady

Whatever works for Wordslinger, whatever inspires him...we all have our different modes and methods of inspiration, and if the subject of time is Wordslinger's saving grace, then so be it...

Hi, Upslady,
Did I thank you for your sweet and generous support? If I haven't done so yet, never mind Don't haul me over the coals. I can't overlook you,as I have a check list, but it is a very long list.
Yeah, I agree 100% with what you say here. However, we ought to look over one another's shoulder to peek at and to analyse what each of us is doing, especially when some of us are naturally gifted and can do no wrong. I call it prying and su-su-in', interfering or fassin' into and exposing or talkin' people's business . ........................LOLcheesegrin

Last edited by cousinsoren 03-25-2010 at 12:57:18 PM

03-25-2010 at 07:05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsoren

LOOK OUT for Cousinsoren's discourse on WordSlinger's preoccupation with the passing of time, in his poetry, to be posted soon,

03-25-2010 at 07:27:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettysrainbow48

[/quote I feel that any work done by Cousinsoren is very professionaly done . People enjoy his poetry . The subjects he writes about bring an interest to his readers. WordSlinger is considered a very exscellant writer as well. I am looking forward to reading their work soon .Like a cadilac in poetry they amoung many others are top of the line.
grincool smilecheesesmile

03-25-2010 at 07:50:45 PM

RE: RE: RE: WORDSLINGER"S PREOCCUPATION WITH TIME IN HIS POETRY

Quote:

[/quote I feel that any work done by Cousinsoren is very professionaly done . People enjoy his poetry . The subjects he writes about bring an interest to his readers. WordSlinger is considered a very exscellant writer as well. I am looking forward to reading their work soon .Like a cadilac in poetry they amoung many others are top of the line.
grincool smilecheesesmile[/quote]
Like a cadillac, eh, Betty? ..................LOLgrin I feel humble in front of such regal compliments. THANKS. WordSlinger is an unparallelled domain to himself. There are some other very brilliant poets on OP. Some know that they are brilliantly gifted. Some others have not yet discovered that they are brilliant..................cheesesmirkgringrincheese

Last edited by cousinsoren 03-25-2010 at 07:53:59 PM

03-25-2010 at 08:21:12 PM

POETRY CLASS ON HISTORY

We are snow, unless those choose to be a snow flake, I am part of the snow, so
let's get back to reading, writing, commenting, and critique
Oren start a History Poetry Class, on the fundamentals of traveling back to an era,
and capturing the life, PLEASE

thank you WS

03-25-2010 at 08:50:44 PM

RE: POETRY CLASS ON HISTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordSlinger

Oren start a History Poetry Class, on the fundamentals of traveling back to an era,

thank you WS

TELL DEM, MISSA WORDSLINGER. TELL DEM,SAH! Let us all thaw out (Spring is here again) and get aboard the HISTORY SHIP. This ship is unique. It sails backwards into the oceans and seas of past time. There is a berth and a bunk for all hands. COME ABOARD, Marsink, JadeMelissa and Brett. . Is there a Captain Blood? ...........cheesequestion

Last edited by cousinsoren 03-25-2010 at 08:56:43 PM

03-27-2010 at 04:25:07 AM

I am not in league of knowledge of history
nor have I imbibed in the inspiring intoxicant
Of the mariner's sought treasure.
But in a dream of layered and luscious detail
I envisioned the heavens to open, alive
And pour forth upon the oceans
Receptive of the chain reaction by
Their combined beauteous
And bold rendezvous:

An atmospheric flowering plume
From elemental peers exhumed
Explosive, wondrous, amber veins
Upon, within the Mariner Plains

Blackness torn by shrouds incision
Pains by birthing clouds collision
Transparent wakes besieged by hues
In iridescent waves infused

I will sail as a hand on the History Ship,
Blown by the winds of Providence
Cousinsoren, guide us fair and well

Last edited by Marsink 04-03-2010 at 07:03:19 PM

03-27-2010 at 10:13:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsink

Their combined beautious
And bold rendezvous:

Explosive, wonderous, amber veins
Upon, within the Mariner's plains

Transparent wakes seiged by hues

Captain Oren, guide us fair and well

*******************************************************************************************

Marsink,

I simply adore this magniificent, poetic acme of yours. Even if you tried very hard to be imperfect, you cannot succeed. .........LOL

Recheck, however, for correrction the folllowing"

wonderous
seiged
indescent
(re indescent, do you mean "indecent or "iridescent" question

Naw! Correct the last line , I am the cooK:.......lol

Neville Parks is the captain. Kabbalistic seems to be the quartermaster or firstmate. Wordslinger seems to be the helmsman..... He will steer us in and out of unknown seas.............lol

No woman has joined the crew, up to now, but one.......LOL
Cool runnin's, friend..

Last edited by cousinsoren 03-27-2010 at 10:16:51 AM

03-27-2010 at 09:34:15 PM

RE: RE: RE: RE: WORDSLINGER"S PREOCCUPATION WITH TIME IN HIS POETRY

Quote:

grincool smilecheesesmile[/quote]
To all my poet friends:
Now I did say amoung many others and yes I read enough of all of your work to know. Woman join in here now.They have a lot of inpressive work too.Go ladies!! Go gentlemen!! Caddy's were pink too. I can think of many others that are good too but this is about him now. Gogant and you.
Like a cadillac, eh, Betty? ..................LOLgrin I feel humble in front of such regal compliments. THANKS. WordSlinger is an unparallelled domain to himself. There are some other very brilliant poets on OP. Some know that they are brilliantly gifted. Some others have not yet discovered that they are brilliant..................cheesesmirkgringrincheese
gringrinLOLcheesesmilecool smilesmile

03-27-2010 at 09:54:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NevillePark

Damn right, Neville! . But you and I ( and guys like us) got a headstart. He can't catch up with us.......grin

Stand Tall you are all good poets nothing to be jealous about at all. I'm learning a lot from all of you.I am proud of all of my poet friends.Your talent is out standing.rolleyescheesegrinLOLcheese

03-27-2010 at 10:15:13 PM

RE: POETRY CLASS ON HISTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordSlinger

thank you WS
Wordslinger no doubt about it you are top of the line too. A very good poet. Thank you for being there for all of us too.grin

03-27-2010 at 10:21:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsink

Their combined beautious
And bold rendezvous:

Explosive, wonderous, amber veins
Upon, within the Mariner's plains

Transparent wakes seiged by hues

Captain Oren, guide us fair and well

*******************************************************************************************

Marsink,

I simply adore this magniificent, poetic acme of yours. Even if you tried very hard to be imperfect, you cannot succeed. .........LOL

Recheck, however, for correrction the folllowing"

wonderous
seiged
indescent
(re indescent, do you mean "indecent or "iridescent" question

Naw! Correct the last line , I am the cooK:.......lol

Neville Parks is the captain. Kabbalistic seems to be the quartermaster or firstmate. Wordslinger seems to be the helmsman..... He will steer us in and out of unknown seas.............lol

No woman has joined the crew, up to now, but one.......LOL
Cool runnin's, friend..

Come on ladies join in. Move over gentlemen,wink we are woman!! LOL Make room for us on the bench.LOLgrincheesesmilewink We want to be heard too!! Thank you.grin

03-28-2010 at 12:30:32 AM

Time and history. Hey - what would we do without them anyway?
We'd have a lot fewer books, and Lawrence of Arabia and Ben Hur would be lost in Neverland.AND THE BIBLE ...God forbid.
It seems like I heard that we should write a poem about ships and sailing and the like. Or is that a rumor? I'll try one of those for posting soon, but here's a timely thing to think about given the news today that iconic poet\songwriter Gorden Lightfoot is changing the lyrics to a classic song penned years ago about the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald-
a large cargo vessel out of Cleveland which sank in a November storm on Lake Superior. It seems a diving detective team discovered that human error wasn't the deciding factor in the disaster after all. Marvelous song. Check it out -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l3x_VoF3wo

Poetry is what gets lost in translation.

Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.