Original Poetry Forums

Join the P.O.E.T.S. Platform Of Environmentalists Toward Survival

07-12-2009 at 04:38:02 PM

Join the P.O.E.T.S. Platform Of Environmentalists Toward Survival

Hello fellow poets,

I’ve started the P.O.E.T.S. (Platform Of Environmentalists Toward Survival) in order to gather together poems that depict nature’s beauty as well as those that express poignant views evoked by the destruction mankind continues to inflict upon our environment. The goal of P.O.E.T.S. is to reach out to the global poets’ community to help further and support “green” causes with a voice of our own. Like any movement, our cause requires exposure and support to succeed.
P.O.E.T.S. is in its infancy but in just two weeks since its inception and thanks to the efforts of inspired volunteers, it has expanded to other sites, gaining growing support.

This fast-growing collection will be presented to President Obama upon completion, and as the movement grows and spreads, numerous collections will be created around the world and presented to additional world leaders and decision-makers. If we express a unified call to action, we poets may help hasten the changes that are so desperately needed to save our world. Those who are in a position to make change on behalf of the people need to be constantly reminded what the people want. Poetry is a perfect format with which the people can make their demands powerfully known.

To join P.O.E.T.S. is to join a peaceful movement that expresses your concern for our future. There is nothing else required of a volunteer other than granting his or her permission to include their poem in this growing collection and composing an optional short biography consisting of up to 100 words to help promote the yourself. Hopefully you might also be willing to spread the word of P.O.E.T.S. to further its success.

Thanks for considering this request,
Nelson a.k.a. Dragonfly1023

excaim excaim Instructions excaim excaim

If you have 1 to 3 poems you'd like in the collection just post them on OP like any other poem and indicate their names in this thread or post direct links like this.

sample: http://www.originalpoetry.com/fairies

Posting links are faster as we can link directly to your poems on the site. Links are generated by OP administration and can be copied from underneath the posted poem. Simply copy and paste them in a reply on this thread. Remember, please post the names of your poems or the links to your poems that you wish in the collection, on this thread to help keep the thread active. If you would like to send me a private message to discuss P.O.E.T.S. further please do. Your help in recruiting new poets to the cause will be much appreciated. thanks again Dragonfly wink

Last edited by dragonfly1023 07-31-2009 at 10:03:43 PM

07-12-2009 at 06:43:23 PM
  • WatashLegend
  • WatashLegend

Re: Join the P.O.E.T.S. Platform Of Environmentalists Toward Survival

My only thing would be I think the focus shouldn't just be the Environment but all causes in the hopes of making a difference like anything else the more unified you are the better chances you have of success

07-12-2009 at 08:47:55 PM

Dragonfly,
I feel you have a valid idea here. I am concerned and have poetry that is in the genre you speak of. Is there a limit to how many poems any one poet should submit? I can post whenever you are ready for submissions.
Ginga

07-12-2009 at 11:24:42 PM

I would like to join and also have a few poems in that category. Good idea!

07-13-2009 at 09:47:08 AM

Let me know how I can help and feel free to use "Behold, the Crossroad!".

07-13-2009 at 12:28:13 PM

I would be interested in joining the program. My poem, God's Visit, which can be found among the poems I have posted, addresses such issues.

07-13-2009 at 02:45:41 PM

I would love to be apart of this. I will see what I can do to help thinhs along. I have one poem about nature but I can work on more. Let me know what's happening with this.

07-13-2009 at 04:56:30 PM

Thank you kindly for the invitation. I would love to contribute to the cause.

How are we to provided these to you? Are we to post them?

Thank you for caring!

Erika Brown

07-13-2009 at 05:04:07 PM

While Im not much of an activist, I love nature, and you are welcom to my Nature poetry. As an amature biologist student, this concerns me.

07-13-2009 at 05:06:05 PM

I'll get back to you on the exact poems, but you are all welcomed to o through mine and see if anyone of them are the right stuff.

07-13-2009 at 05:45:05 PM

Thank you for the invite, Dragonfly! I believe I have a few poems of use on file... I can conjure up more to the cause...lol...let me turn my head to the left, just a little bit...I aim for those screaming receptions...anyhoo...thanks again...let me know exactly, how it is you go about this...*waves*

07-13-2009 at 06:12:15 PM
  • RavenPhoenix85
  • RavenPhoenix85

Thanks for the invite Dragonfly, I'd love to help with this cause.
There is nothing more soothing than to sit in the woods with a notebook and let ones' creativity take wing. It is an experience that I sorely hope my my descendants will be able to take part of.

I am curently working on such a poem, one that I began prior to this request, but it would be perfect for the project. I will post it and send you a link once it is complete.

~ Raven smile

07-13-2009 at 06:51:20 PM

I would be very interested in joining your effort to bring attention to the deteriorating state of the environment. I have two works in the pipeline dealing with that very subject, and should have (one of them, at least) up inside a week. Thank you very much for the invitation.

07-13-2009 at 06:59:08 PM

I would be glad to join, same question how do we post the poems what site here? cool cheese

07-13-2009 at 07:11:38 PM

Hey dragonfly,

A very great idea to which also this poet is most willing to share his words with!! I'll be working on some works first, hope there still is some time... At the end of the week i should adleast have three enviromental poems ready.

Greetings: Sammylin.

Last edited by Sammylin 07-13-2009 at 07:13:50 PM

07-13-2009 at 07:15:25 PM

Love this! I'll get right on it. Had a bit of a block for awhile,but now I feel the urgent call I have missed so much. Revolution, rejuvenation. I shall use W.S. link. smile grin wink surprised

07-13-2009 at 07:17:59 PM

Public Poem URL:

http://www.originalpoetry.com/my-eden

Dragonfly, Please feel free to use my poem: My Eden in the P.O.E.T.S.

07-13-2009 at 08:04:54 PM

I would like to join, this is confirmation for me, God has been speaking to me on his creation it my next write, so please let me know how I can help.

07-13-2009 at 09:52:53 PM

I would very much like to be a part of this, and would love some info on exactly what, when, where, and how. I am an AVID outdoorsman, and will do anything I possibly can to be a part of this. Thank you for the invite, and I look forward to hearing more from you. This is a true passion of mine, and I thank you for caring as well.

Roadie

Last edited by Roadie 07-13-2009 at 09:53:11 PM

07-14-2009 at 02:10:56 AM

I would be glad to join and to help...just let me know what you would like from my works or if you would rather something new written. I am a 15 year Cancer Survivor as of Nov. 4th this year so I see very good things that could come from this.
Thanks very much for the invite.
God Bless,
Angel197038 (Helen)

07-14-2009 at 09:55:15 AM

How do I join?

07-14-2009 at 10:39:14 AM

Re: Re: Re: Join the P.O.E.T.S. Platform Of Environmentalists Toward Survival

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly1023

Originally Posted by castlemist

Let me know how I can help and feel free to use "Behold, the Crossroad!".

thanks castlemist... recruiting poets would be a great help, and also two more poems for the collection wink

I only have one other poem like that called "Crimson Sin"

I have several about the threat of nuclear war.

Jb

07-14-2009 at 07:25:53 PM

Dragonfly,

I think you've hit upon a really great idea. Personally, I don't think I've ever written anything that would fit in this genre, but HEY, this will inspire me to do so. I agree that we're NOT just pacifists, and think any involvement we have or any contribution we can make is worthwhile. Kudos to you for coming up with this agenda!!

Writer1
~~Sandy

07-14-2009 at 07:47:16 PM

This isn't a poem, but it's my small contribution since Inspiration for words on the subject hasn't quite "hit" yet.
cheese

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=45910971

Writer1
~~Sandy

07-15-2009 at 09:13:40 AM

Dragonfly,

I am referencing the 3 poems I want to submit to P.O.E.T.S. from my homepage here.

http://www.originalpoetry.com

1. Gaberdine Lane
2. Tree
3. What is Black?

If you need anything else feel free to contact me.
Ginga

Last edited by ginga 07-15-2009 at 09:14:37 AM

A poem begins as a lump in the throat, a sense of wrong, a homesickness, a lovesickness. It finds the thought and the thought finds the words.

Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.