• freestyleTATA
  • freestyleTATA

Re: Save FreestyleTaTa!!

I'm gonna do this like Bartles & James "Thank U 4 your support" zipper cheese

Last edited by freestyleTATA 03-12-2009 at 05:00:07 AM

03-12-2009 at 08:12:38 AM

I just read all your poems.
I feel your work is artistic, entertaining and original -- but a bit ruff at times.
I have seen much worse. I don't see a reason to kick you out.
I did look for some offensive pictures, that were suppose to be on your file, but could not find any.

Anyway, it's great publicity for you grin

Last edited by Moni 03-12-2009 at 03:34:56 PM

03-12-2009 at 08:50:25 AM

" . . . To the guy that that said I should be more creative.... WTF? Dude.. seriously... do you realize what goes into building this thing from scratch? The technical, logical, arithmetical, logistical, artistic, etc.. creative effort expressed here? You have poetry.. I have this site . . ."

" . . . To the guy that started with "hehehe so kwel da dis n da hype for wut"... honestly.. I just have no Idea what the hell you are saying.

To Aggieprof... I just want to say thank you. I appreciate what you said and what you meant. And I have a Shep. Best fricking dogs in the world. Sorry about your loss. 52 years. That's beautiful man.

To Freestyle.. and everyone else... this isn't a movement. This isn't even a big deal. I'm going to do what I'm going to do. Like I said before.. you like it.. stay.. you don't... bye. That's your choice. I'm not threatened by you leaving. It bothers me yeah, but things happen. It only bothers me because I feel like I failed providing a good site. But.. With any progress there can be collateral damage. In fact.. after thinking about it.. I am kinda happy this whole issue came up because it was the genesis for a radical improvement to the site (the Alternative Account system), and I welcome innovation and improvement. Whether you realize it or not my intent is to make this site as enjoyable for everyone here as possible. And that includes the people that do not verbalize in this forum, the complainers, the people that do verbalize here, everyone. I just want to make a really good site . . ."

Do I detect a bias? I mean, this is an open forum for creativity . . . is it not? Now money is the judge of what is and is not acceptable?

Not for nothing, but complaining about things that have nothing to do with this site will not envoke any symapthy. You are not sympathetic to the creative mind of other artists, yet you expect sympathy for things that, for lack of a better term, are your own fault . . .

By the way, this is the "guy that that said [you] should be more creative" . . . I have a name . . . I'd appreciate that you use it . . . this is your site . . . you should be a bit more intune with it.

I'm beginning to feel like this site is nothing more than "technical, logical, arithmetical, and logistical" masturbation. Not for nothing, OriginalPoetry, but making a website isn't quite the Sistine Chapel . . . perhaps you should invest in a Webmaster . . .

My last comment is this . . . it seems that you continually use explatives in your comments . . . not for nothing but the artistic use of vernacular and correspondance between members in a public forum are two different things . . . if you personally have no qualms with this type of language, perhaps the "offended" members of this site should piss off . . . it makes me wonder about who exactly is in who's pocket . . .

To everyone else, keep the comments coming . . . this is a great response and "Freestyle" and I both appreciate the continual support . . . this is a great dialogue on "Free Speech and Censorship" . . . I think Frank Zappa is smiling right now . . .

Thanks Again to All,
Raj / Sidecar / FreestyleTaTa

P.S. cool hmm

03-12-2009 at 10:05:13 AM
  • Jaddenblade
  • Jaddenblade

WOW...lmao... so let me get this right... we as poets are offended because one of our own was going to be banned (as rightly as we should be offended because we are brothers with him)... so we create a thread to voice our outrage at the oppression of freedom of speech... as we should because we are bothers with that as well... after hearing our issues, the creator (i'm going to call him this because it makes me feel like i'm in the matrix...love that movie) decides to compromise and create an alternative material bonus page or something to allow him to continue to post his material (which I find unoffensive and artistically gratifying... but that in truth is subjective... which is a matter for another lecture) ... this bonus page will act as a sift for people who are offended by his material so they can chose to not read it. Hmmm... wasn't that the goal all along? Now it seems as if the thread has deteriorated into a personal testosterone battle between sidecar and the creator. I appreciate sidecar and his conviction to begin this thread in the most noble of causes, I also appreciate the time, money, and effort the creator has put into creating this site. It is a wonderful outlet for all poets, and thankfully, because of this thread, will continue to be. But really, we are asking the creator to compromise all of his beliefs at the expense of compromising non of ours. He has come to a conclusion that i think we can all say has maintained the integrity of all sides particular morality. I for one am glad with this outcome... that i will still be allowed to read freestyles material, and that I will still be allowed to post mine here. To ask anything more is quite honestly unreasonable. So i thank the creator, freestyle, sidecar and everyone else who posted here, you have made this very humble person happy smile. Oh... and we all live in hypocracy because we are all human... and all subjective.

Blade

03-12-2009 at 10:33:51 AM

Jaddenblade . . . I gotta laugh at the comment . . . you are not wholly inccorrect!!

However, if you look at the comments, I said the same thing you did. I am grateful that the "creator" (LOL!! I love the matrix, too) decided to compromise . . . but in fact, you made the point yourself. If you don't like it, don't read it . . . simple as that. To tell you the truth the idea of the Alternative Material site is, in a manner of speaking, asinine. Why spend the money, time, and energy to do something for people that they can do themselves?

I tend to remark on the notions of people, especially when their "suffering" is caused by their own decisions . . . should that be my only flaw, so be it . . . but it helps me to observe and reform my own hypocrisy . . .

And I, for one, do NOT appreciate being swore AT . . . esp. in a public forum where the "creator" is abjectly against the use of profanity. If anything, that is my biggest qualm.

I appreciate your view and agree with you more than I disagree . . .

Good Writing to You,
Raj/Sidecar

P.S. Thanks for using my name . . . cool hmm

03-12-2009 at 12:26:03 PM

Poets, Poetry Readers,

We are trying to get the Alternative Account feature done as fast as possible. We're looking at Friday of next week, March 20th, to have a full working Beta that everyone can use. We have a pretty good schema developed for the first implementation. Any comments or suggestions that you think will enhance the feature will be appreciated and can be sent to support@originalpoetry.com. As with any new feature, the first implementation will probably not be the last. This will be a significant site modification, so any feedback once it's implemented will be very welcome. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you

Last edited by Originalpoetry 03-12-2009 at 12:31:58 PM

03-12-2009 at 06:05:16 PM
  • FoF
  • FoF

First - Thank you to OriginalPoetry.com for this forum. As it seems to be privately funded -
you have a right to your rules. And your efforts to accomodate all should be applauded.

Second - Freedom of speech does have its limitations. You can't yell fire when there is none and expect not to get prosecuted if you cause a panic.

Third - When emotions run high and hot, people have a tendency to overreact. It appears
everyone needs to chill a bit. FreestyleTaTa has a right to write and be heard - but X-rated
materials have their place all over in society, with warnings.

The time to really worry about "TaTa" is when he disappears and is never heard from again.
And TaTa - everybody has a right to express themselves, even the ones that don't like you.

03-12-2009 at 07:00:50 PM
  • freestyleTATA
  • freestyleTATA

Well................I don't have a problem with criticism, I have a problem with the cowards that criticize peoples work and don't leave their mark. If somebody does not like me or my work then don't accept me as a freind.

And FOF ,............ FIRE !!!!............ there R 4 places that they can mess with your 1st A.
Thats Court, the armed forces, FBI, & Prison. I did not have any X rated pics on my stuff. I can put some on there if u like? And as far as the ones that don't like me, speak up if U R gonna. If not then quit cryen.

If U don't like someones s@#t then don't read it, if U do & U happen to not like it, then leave a comment saying so, or don't rate the persons work.

As 4 what is being done,
It shoulda been done along time ago,
I took 22 poems off of my page because I used 1 or 2 cuss words. I only got 4 up now. I got people pissed that they commented on my poems and now there comments R gone,
sorry,
Not my fault.

as 4 the rules of this site.......oops!
i didn't even read them,
like so many others.

I gotta go take a Beezee Break
holla back

Oh yeah, Mr Clips, I'm guessing that this is squashed since I'm still on here. What goes down? If so then U need 2 tell me which poems R offensive & which ones aren't, dig?
question

Last edited by freestyleTATA 03-12-2009 at 07:03:42 PM

03-12-2009 at 08:40:34 PM
  • epiksonik
  • epiksonik

I understand that the "dude who financed his wife's whimsical bout of altruism" holds the strings, but how uncouth to be reminded.

When is expression a violence that must be censored?

Its usually those that are offended who display the most uproarious violence.

03-13-2009 at 08:13:09 AM
  • Jaddenblade
  • Jaddenblade

Part of being heard is playing the game. And since this site and game is created by someone other than us (brothers of poetry) we get the challenge to play by his rules, on his chosen field, with his chosen umpires, and his chosen scoreboard. That is not really asinine, it is more the nature of things being subjective. I preface what i'm saying next with this: in the freedom of expression, there is no obsanity, there exists only dignity and nobility. There exists only objective creation and not subjective interpretation. But then again, we are not objective creatures and will continually see things with a subjective eye, heart, and soul. Does Freestyle have a right to post what he says, how he says it without altering it or watering it down... ABSOLUTELY... and I would have it no other way. Be that as it may, because this site is created by someone else, who has their own set of subjective rules, he, as well as all of us, me included, have the (sometimes unfortunate, and sometimes not) obligation to play his game if we want to be heard on this site. And if I'm not mistaken, other than the act of creating, that is every artists desire, to be heard, seen, felt, and sometimes even smelled.

Sidecar, it is truely a joy conversing with you and I feel as if we are two like souls traveling this road together in the same shoes, just different models is all. I look forward to your response.

03-13-2009 at 08:23:27 AM

We're on this site so we can express ourselves to a community of our peers, whatever form they come in. I didn't find anything offenseive about his work. It's creative and real. I'm not sure who the judge/jury is here. I understand there have to be some sort of guidelines to keep people safe but I just don't see where his work pushes that limit.

03-13-2009 at 09:54:50 AM

I have read freestyleTaTa's work, yes he does evoke emotion, isn't that what writing is all about? How sad a day that comes when in a forum as this we can't express ourselves as artists. I am new to this and hope to continue sharing my work here. To all those who cannot look at someone elses work as artistic and cannot except it on a site such as this, I say that not only is freestyleTaTa's work at risk of becoming a voice unheard but so is yours. Beware when you try to control what is not yours to control you may just get what you are asking for and that could silence many of us. I do understand the position of OriginalPoetry but I'm sure they understand ours and what draws many of us to share our work here. Thank You OriginalPoetry, please don't ban freestyleTaTa.
grin

03-13-2009 at 05:37:44 PM

I can't believe people were coward enough to complain.

03-13-2009 at 05:45:01 PM

Hey Jaddenblade! I definitely agree with what you said . . . in fact, I do play by the rules. My only qualm was the fact that a brother was being prosecuted for his own self-expression. I don't like tattle-tales and it appears to me that this issue would not have been one had people take our previous advice. The fact that people feel the need to cry and complain that something bothers them, instead of finding a solution for themselves bothers the heck out of me. If I don't like a song, I turn it off or skip it . . . I don't complain to the radio station. I'm sure you understand my rational. I also did not appreciate the tone with which the aforementioned complain was voiced.

I agree that with a given site there are rules and restrictions . . . if you visit my page I believe you will find one swear word. However, the subject matter is, in fact, x-rated. But by seeing and meeting the challenge to create within the confines of certain restrictions (a personal rule) I've found a new avenue of creativity.

However, some people choose to engage the rules as a means to express that very creativity. There is something to be said for free thought and I'm sure you agree.

The "testosterone battle" you spoke of is merely me doing the same . . . I follow the rules and do not believe that because I ally myself with someone for a noble cause automatically deems me eligible for a certain mode or tone of conversation or thought . . . I stick up for myself when I feel I am disrespected . . . any and everyone does . . . hence the reason for this post and the ensuing dialogue . . .

I think I just said alot to say nothing at all , but alas, I am only human . . .

I have enjoyed this conversation . . . I will view your site and I hope that you would view mine . . .

Raj/Sidecar
cool hmm

03-13-2009 at 06:29:44 PM

look in the 60 and 70's they try to banned bob dillion for singing his songs right why can't we write want we want now i know that i'm new here but there was a time not to long ago that poeple were not aloud to go to school to gether becuse of the color of there skin are we going backwards here in time? give it up life if life. MAY THE WINGS OF FREEDOM NEVER LOOSE A FREATHER. THESE COLORS DON'T RUN! HOME OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE. WHAT ARE WE FIGHTING FOR. Just becuse Freestyle isn't over there sea's fright for our freedom does'nt mean he does'nt have the freedon to write our talk how he fells be. angry angry mad

03-13-2009 at 07:24:42 PM
  • Jaddenblade
  • Jaddenblade

Sidecar I couldn't agree with you more. I used to stick up for myself when I was disrespected until I realized that the respect given, or lack there of, was more a statement of said individual rather than myself. I will most deffinately visit your site and I have no doubt I will enjoy your writing.

For what its worth, I respect you as an individual and a poet...but that is a statement more about myself than anyone else wink.

Blade.

03-14-2009 at 08:48:26 PM
  • sk
  • sk

Holy crap! At this point, with the new sideline alternative site coming, I think this is becoming "much ado about nothing"...seems to me the situation has been handled, and by the way, I would like to clarify myself, site creator; I meant no ill-will when asking for you to post the names of the complainants; It was not so much a call for blood as it was a call for those that had issues to stand up and behind their complaints...anyway I think this rather long and now in my opinion unnecessary discussion has served its purpose and should be put to rest....poets are sooo dramatic!

03-16-2009 at 10:11:35 AM

Compromise is a good thing. It separates us from the primitive animals we once were. It is what allows us to live together as man and wife, as brother and sister, as friends, even strangers and still be who we are as individuals. Both sides of this debate have had reasonable arguments and many different perspectives have been brought to light in such eloquent thoughts. The compromise is one that asks for respect and yet is willing to give the same in return. I applaud the creators of Originalpoetry.com for their patience as well as their critical-thinking ability in such a creatively sensitive area! I have almost always been one to follow the rules of the house that I enter, but, I have always been and always will be the person to follow the beat of that drummer no one else hears, that sweet off-beat drummer. From all of us Freestylers- thank you.

03-16-2009 at 03:14:05 PM

I couldn't agree more . . . and believe that I have expressed that . . .

Raj/Sidecar
cool hmm

03-16-2009 at 06:00:01 PM

Save FreestyleTaTa!! you were my first on this site so lend you an hand

03-16-2009 at 10:10:28 PM

Thank you for your support. We appreciate the comments made about our decision to create the new feature to accommodate mature material. We're still on target for Friday, if all goes well it should be a seamless integration. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by Originalpoetry 03-16-2009 at 10:14:24 PM

03-17-2009 at 01:10:52 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Save FreestyleTaTa!!

I find FreestyeTaTa!! To be engaging and insightful. Don't read him if, omg, I'm soo offended! He speaks and should be allowed to write and be read. No one walks in other shoes. If his words scare you, just don't read him. Free speech is a given- [/quote][/quote][/quote]

03-17-2009 at 12:34:55 PM

I'm new on the sight. But I have been reciting poetry for years now.
you can't deny Freestyletata his right of expression just like you can't ban any one of us ours. if you don't like it so be it. I'm sure some of the things we right are offensive to somebody.But expression is freedom. if your not free to express yourself are you free? and who has the right to say His poetry is bad and mine is good? marinate on it.

03-17-2009 at 01:59:08 PM

I'm probley the most abused woman on this site I have buried my childern . The man that almost murdered me I wrote about how I feel about him getting out. That is what a poet does write our feelings if you take that away then you take our lives away. As many people write about there lives I do not find tatas work offensive he is not talking about anybody in this room thats the only way he could offend you if he dedicates the poem to you grow the hell up he has just as much right to write his feelings as we all do.

shannon

P.S.WITH ALL I'VE BEEN THROUGH WITH A MAN ALMOST KILLING ME AND i DON'T SEE THE OFFENSE THEN WHY R U CRYING GET OVER IT STOP MAKING A ASS OF YOURSELF. kissAs you see poets stand together and hold each other up.
If bitch offense you then you must think your a dog in heat,
If whore offense you then change jobs problem solved,

Last edited by shannon 03-17-2009 at 02:44:23 PM

03-19-2009 at 04:41:48 PM

We have added an "Alternative Material" account feature. If you attempt to view an account that has alternative material in it, you will be asked to change a setting that will allow you to view any and all material. If you would like to post material with expletives, of an adult nature, or basically anything save for hate crime type material, then please go into your account settings and change your account to Alternative. The only effect this will have on your account is that a warning will appear before a user with a "non alternative account" views your material that will explain to them that the account might have mature material in it and take them to that settings page.

As for the many other features that you have been asking for... we read everything and are trying to determine what features asked for are the most popular, constructive, and we're able to implement quickly. Keep the comments and suggestions coming. Thank you.

A poem begins as a lump in the throat, a sense of wrong, a homesickness, a lovesickness. It finds the thought and the thought finds the words.

Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.