Original Poetry Forums

www.redskinsauthorizedshops.com

02-22-2019 at 09:18:48 PM

www.redskinsauthorizedshops.com

Ryquell Armstead Youth Zach Brown Jersey , RBSchool: Temple | Conference: AACCollege Experience: Senior | Age: 22?Height / Weight: 5-11 / 215 lbsProjected Draft Status: 6th or 7th RoundNFL Comparison: Ken DixonCollege StatisticsPlayer OverviewIt’s not everyday I get to write about a player who played both offense and defense in a single season. Ryquell Armstead did just that during his time at Temple. Though he wasn’t called on often for defense throughout his career he did manage to record a sack this year as well as rush for over 1,000 yards on offense. He was a 3-star prospect from New Jersey before signing with Temple. He saw some action during his freshman season but really got in the mix his sophomore year. This was the best year yet for him statistically regarding rushing yards and he performed very well against the top competition Temple faced this year including Boston College, Houston, and UCF. He’s has been praised by his position coach who says he is a complete player with good vision who is explosive and can catch. His head coach praises his competitiveness. Armstead has a physical style of running and has been banged up here and there throughout his career. Both coaches expressed their desire for him to remain healthy. If he does remain healthy he could be late round value in the backfield as more of a power runner. His a north / south style can get the tough yards and he has the athleticism to take one to the house if he gets space. StrengthsGood size, proportions and musculature for the position. Has a powerful lower body and keeps his legs moving through contact. Not shy on delivering a hit to the defense and he is decisive behind the LOS. Not a dancer and will always try and get the ball forward. Vision is decent and he can find the outlets more times than not.Capable of high volume carries and production. Nearly had a stretch of 7 games this year where he tallied 947 rushing yards off 165 carries (5.7 yard avg). Is able to wear defenses down and keeps himself in good condition. Competitior and hard worker who did what he was asked of at Temple including splitting out wide mostly as a decoy and playing defense! He is a decent receiver, and also decent in pass protection. WeaknessesNo particularly special athletic traits, I like a bit more elusiveness Youth Trent Williams Jersey , agility, and balance out of starting caliber backs but a role could be carved out for him at the next level and he could fill it quite well depending on the offense.Ball security is potentially something to watch. He has improved and only had one fumble this year. He has had at least 4 in his career with two being lost. He can get himself amped up anticipating his next move and wont tuck it completely.Nagging injuries could be a concern he has missed some time and some games with various strains and tweaks.Let’s see his work:More Ryquell Armstead videosHow He Would Fit On The RedskinsHis fit on this team depends a lot on what happens with the position during the offseason. I assume Guice will be healed and ready to go. I assume Adrian Peterson will be brought back given his price his not very high. Chris Thompson will be in the mix. Typically the Redskins only keep 5 running backs on the roster so under this scenario I could see Armstead making the roster with someone like Perine or Marshall. I don’t expect Rob Kelley to be back and it’s possible the team could cut ties with Kapri Bibbs as well. I think its easy and obvious to say Armstead wouldn’t get much action given a healthy duo of Peterson and Guice but if AP goes to another team next year Armstead may be able to get a decent workload and potentially could make a guy like Perine expendable. Given the injuries the team has experienced at the position lately it would be more of a luxury to have a guy like Armstead waiting in the wings instead of scrapping the barrel of the FA pool whenever a guy went down. The bottom line is there are room for upgrades beyond the top two or three RBs on the roster. If that upgrade costs only a late round pick at a position thats needed depth lately I’m all for it. We’ll find out a lot more about Armstead during the Senior Bowl in about a month. Jamison Crowder’s contract is up at the end of this season. Currently, he’s on the injury report and is unlikely to play yet again this weekend against the Cowboys. The question I have is would the Redskins be better off moving to a big, more physical slot receiver in the future?I have seen teams recently move bigger WR’s to the slot to take advantage of mismatches. Below are some prominent “Big” receivers who spent at least 50 percent of their snaps last year in the slot.2017 Percentage of targets lined up in the slot:Allen Hurns:83.6Robert Woods:83.1Larry Fitzgerald:79.2Mohamed Sanu:79.2Chris Hogan:72.9Adam Thielen:58.5JuJu Smith-Schuster:57.1Keenan Allen:54.3Michael Thomas:52.0Julio Jones:51.4Outside of Julio Jones, none of these receivers are what you’d call speed guys. Some have big bodies, some have good height, some play with great physicality. A few have a combination of all three traits. One trait that does stand out is that all the guys on this list are pretty dangerous after the catch with the ball in their hands.Could the Redskins benefit from a larger presence in the slot?One of the great advantages of being in the slot (usually) White Chase Roullier Jersey , is that the receiver is lined up off the football, and the defender covering him is usually not able to get a clean jam on him at the line of scrimmage. Most of the time, slot receivers are covered by a nickle back or safety who is playing a few yards off the receiver. This can benefit receivers who do not possess that first-step quickness, and ability/physicality to beat press-man coverage off the line of scrimmage. Playing against smaller corner backs and/or slower safeties can create mismatches that intelligent offensive coordinators can exploit throughout the game. It can also eliminate single-high safeties from cheating to one side of the field in man-over looks. Here are some Redskins who may benefit from being in the slot, and the reasons why.Maurice Harris:We have already seen the 6’3” 200 pound receiver line up in the slot for the injured Jamison Crowder. Harris does not possess the physicality, speed or quick-twitch ability to consistently beat press-man coverage on the outside. What he does do well, is run good routes Authentic Montae Nicholson Jersey , catch the ball away from his body with his hands, and use his frame well to shield defenders. He’s best when he can operate against a zone defense. Michael Floyd:At 6’3” 220 pounds, Floyd has the body that can gain position on smaller defense backs, and use his size to win contested balls. He’s not a burner or quick-twitch receiver, so operating out of the slot could really benefit him, and help to create mismatches. Brian Quick:Much like Floyd, Quick Dustin Hopkins Jersey , who is 6’3” 215, is a long-strider, who takes time to build up speed. He is a physical guy who plays like a power forward, so matching him up against a smaller defensive back could be advantageous. He’s good after the catch. How valuable is Jamison Crowder to this team? Over the last three seasons, he’s been our most consistent receiver. Should the Redskins do all they can to retain his services here in D.C. for years to come? Custom Washington Redskins Jerseys

Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion.

T. S. Eliot (1888-1965) American-English poet and playwright.