Original Poetry Forums

The Dye has been cast

10-28-2010 at 08:49:21 PM

The Dye has been cast

I have informed over 150 poets of the reopening of UPA. I have been getting some good responses. It has been good yet not the best. I am looking for up 3 people to help UPA to recruit and to create challeneges. To make it be the best group this sight has ever seen. We at one point policed a room that gave each members challenge to broaden their work we promoted site challenges from singers to Piture challenges and on the Fly challenge. The OTF challenge we established set time periods that the work would be done and then show cased them. Before my own health issue this was the set standard of the group and we were working to expand. I am looking for people willing to dedicate up to 8 hours to the group do one challenge a week and go to at least one weekly meeting. These Elder members would be also responsible in promoting the group and rating and commenting other poets work. If you feel you could fit the Bill please send me a message here or at my profile Plot121....cool cheesecool smirk

11-02-2010 at 09:26:29 PM

RE: The Dye has been cast

I will read and rate as my time allows. I do not have a whole lot of back ground on the correct rules of poetry writing or correct word usage. I just write them and read them as I see them.

Good luck with this program. I think it is a wonderful idea.

11-03-2010 at 04:08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plot121

I have informed over 150 poets of the reopening of UPA. I have been getting some good responses. It has been good yet not the best. I am looking for up 3 people to help UPA to recruit and to create challeneges. To make it be the best group this sight has ever seen. We at one point policed a room that gave each members challenge to broaden their work we promoted site challenges from singers to Piture challenges and on the Fly challenge. The OTF challenge we established set time periods that the work would be done and then show cased them. Before my own health issue this was the set standard of the group and we were working to expand. I am looking for people willing to dedicate up to 8 hours to the group do one challenge a week and go to at least one weekly meeting. These Elder members would be also responsible in promoting the group and rating and commenting other poets work. If you feel you could fit the Bill please send me a message here or at my profile Plot121....cool cheesecool smirk

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Do you mean "Die"...................?.....................not "Dye"...........?

11-03-2010 at 04:08:59 AM

Quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Do you mean "Die"...................?.....................not "Dye"...........?

11-03-2010 at 07:14:05 PM

The phrase refers adding dye or ink to water. Once mixed you cannot get it back out. "The die (singular of dice) has been cast" basically means one has ...
wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_the_dye_is_cast_mean - Cached - Similar

Need I be corrected or not???
I think I know what I am saying

11-03-2010 at 07:18:53 PM

RE: RE: The Dye has been cast

Quote:

The phrase refers adding dye or ink to water. Once mixed you cannot get it back out. "The die (singular of dice) has been cast" basically means one has ...

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

THANKS........................................................cool smile

11-03-2010 at 07:18:53 PM

RE: RE: The Dye has been cast

Quote:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

THANKS........................................................cool smile

Poetry is what is lost in translation.

Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.