Original Poetry Forums

PRESS RELEASE!!!

09-14-2010 at 01:08:43 PM

PRESS RELEASE!!!

Greetings to All,

Below is a press release written by journalist Nneka Nnolim for my latest book Real Women get Their Hands Dirty. Feel free to browse the file! And as always, thanks to all my readers/fans, supporters, friends, and family! This will not be the last of Lady Poet.
God and I already decided that a long time ago....

God bless!

Dirty Hands, but a Clean Spirit
“Real Women Get Their Hands Dirty” Tells the Story of the Tough Road to Success
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., (September 13, 2010) – Following the 2009 release of her first book, “A Poet’s Heart,” University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign student Nneka J. Howell releases her second book entitled “Real Women Get Their Hands Dirty.” Inspired by women who have struggled for acceptance by society as well as their family and friends, Howell wrote the book for those women who have no voice, and feel as if they are struggling alone.
“[Metaphorically speaking] it takes a woman with dirty hands to successfully complete her mission in life, and not one who has everything handed to her,” said Howell.
A native of the South Side of Chicago, Howell (or Lady Poet as she is often called), has
three brothers, and is the only girl in the family. Howell began writing at a very early age, and her current book is an ode to the women in her life who have inspired her and
represented what she hopes to become.
“My mother and late grandmother are two women who represent strong women,” said
Howell, who is using her book as a way to pay homage to the values impressed upon her by the important women in her life. Howell hopes that her book will become a worldwide message symbolizing the importance of women having a strong foundation of supportive people who support their dreams and efforts. Although the book is targeted towards women, Howell also hopes to send a message to men who might read her book.
“This is dedicated to the people across the world, especially men...who didn’t take the time to cherish us, but it acknowledges those who have successfully stood by a strong woman,” said Howell. “No one can accomplish a dream without first getting their hands dirty on the journey.”
“Real Women Get Their Hand Dirty” is available for purchase on
www.publishamerica.com. Keep up with Nneka J. Howell on Twitter @authorladypoet.
# # #

Last edited by ladypoet 09-14-2010 at 01:11:30 PM

09-18-2010 at 03:09:58 PM

RE: PRESS RELEASE!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS , Ladypoet,

I intend to ask my daughter, in Miami, to buy a copy of your new book for me and one for herself. As soon as you get rich from this new book, I am going to ask you to buy a copy each of my novels. " Fair exchange is no robbery."............LOL. May your new book become a best-seller. Chao!

Last edited by cousinsoren 09-18-2010 at 03:11:52 PM

09-18-2010 at 03:09:58 PM

RE: PRESS RELEASE!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

Last edited by cousinsoren 09-18-2010 at 03:10:55 PM

09-19-2010 at 10:07:35 AM

RE: PRESS RELEASE!!!

A standing ovation, a loud applause!!!

Peace and Light,
dah

Poetry is what is lost in translation.

Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.