05-11-2010 at 06:06:18 AM

RE: Moving Statues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelerika

Moving Statues
break free
existing

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

it is not clear to me what "moving statues" the poet is chanting about. "The phrase, "Moving Statues" sees to be an oxymoron.. But I like the tum-ti--tum-tum -drum beat and intoxicating mesmerism of this chant. This poem , in my opinion, is a fair example of the use of pathetic fallacy. and appears to be an essay on, or exhortation of the "alter ego" or inner-self .

Last edited by cousinsoren 05-13-2010 at 05:42:31 AM

05-11-2010 at 10:54:36 AM

It is about moving statues, People that exist but do not live... It is about people who have lives where they live daily doing the same thing over and over without stopping for a minute to follow their dreams, take risks, or be spontanious.
It is also about people that live along side technology and do not have the time to listen to the trees and nature, Feel the breeze of summer floating on the air...

05-11-2010 at 11:39:34 PM

RE: RE: Moving Statues

05-30-2010 at 12:53:22 PM

i got that thought ... right from the title ... i wonder, cousinsoren, if, sadly, we are plagued by this disease whilst you have remained untouched in your beautiful jamaica??! jealous, indeed, i am, if you know not of this plague ... for it is rampant in many of the worlds i've traveled ... jamaica must be lovely lovely ... more alive than i suspected! lol ... tho if you are any indication, there is much liveliness indeed, lol ... you and gogant ... are you sure gogant doesn't live in jamaica??

rachelerika ... i'll check this out on your page as well ... sorry i didn't see it earlier ... great piece!!

-dh

A poem begins as a lump in the throat, a sense of wrong, a homesickness, a lovesickness. It finds the thought and the thought finds the words.

Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.