THE POETIC JOURNALISM FORUM

05-05-2010 at 06:49:24 PM

THE POETIC JOURNALISM FORUM

COME ON OP FOLKS,
ARE YOU TIRED OF BOREDOM?
DO YOU NEED SOME EXCITEMENT?
DO YOU WANT TO ROAM?
DO YOU WANT TO STRUT YOUR STUFF?
THEN , NEVER BE THE LAST TO COME ABOARD!

RE: The Poetic Journalism Forum
Quote:

Originally Posted by SuSpence[/b]

Hello and welcome my fellow poets to the Poetic Journalism Forum

My work as of late has taken a slightly more serious turn, and I have begun to take on the challenge of writing more pieces relating to current events and newsworthy stories. Stories that evoke such emotion in you, that you are compelled to put pen to paper to get your words out as fast as they come to you to express how this knew found knowledge is/has effected you.

I am calling on all poets to post newsworthy works on this thread, and also challenging poets to watch the news and observe the world with a keen poetic eye, watch for stories that need be shared. This forum is the Original Poetry news source. A Forum for news from the poets perspective. I will be adding to this post from time to time. I hope this catches on, there are a pleathera of issues out there that need to be tackled, and this is the place for poets to come share and learn and be inspired.

"Journalism without a moral position is impossible. Every journalist is a moralist. It’s absolutely unavoidable. A journalist is someone who looks at the world and the way it works, someone who takes a close look at things every day and reports what he/she sees, someone who represents the world, the event, for others. He/She cannot do her work without judging what he/she sees." MARGUERITE DURAS

"A poet's work is to name the unnameable, to point at frauds, to take sides, start arguments, shape the world, and stop it going to sleep." SALMAN RUSHDIE

Any questions or comments please feel free to private message me. Also, I would like to that Wordslinger for coining the phrase 'Poetic Journalism' and inspiring this Forum and inspiring me to run with the idea. And I would like to thank Papapaczki for all his help as well. Enjoy your vacation. Haha

-Spence

###############################################################
Very exciting! Where is it going? As far as Timbuctu? John Wordslinger is on it and Suspense too. There ought to be Excitement on it, and many more of the roving crowd! I got to hop on to this train! Don't leave me!

Hip! Hip! Who-heeee! Is that the new journalism train blowing its whistle?

Last edited by cousinsoren 05-05-2010 at 07:00:18 PM

05-05-2010 at 11:46:41 PM

RE: THE POETIC JOURNALISM FORUM

Sounds interesting. I forgot these forums were here!
Be back later.

Let's not forget that there are some good things going
on in the world too. It seems like most events are bad;
but then the news tends to only deliver the bad news.

Later

05-05-2010 at 11:58:29 PM

RE: RE: THE POETIC JOURNALISM FORUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtruth

Sounds interesting. I forgot these forums were here!
Be back later.

Let's not forget that there are some good things going
on in the world too. It seems like most events are bad;
but then the news tends to only deliver the bad news.

Later

Don't be cynical, My Friend. We have a task to pour old wine into new bottles. We have a task to make old things new. We have a supreme task to create or discover new things to maintain new ways to survive and to biuild bridges for the next generation, in our own time or age.

WE NEED YOU NOW TO ASSIST TO ENSURE THAT JOURNALISM AS WELL AS OTHER ENDANGERED VAKUES SURVIVE.

Last edited by cousinsoren 05-06-2010 at 12:03:22 AM

In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite.

Franz Kafka (1883-1924) Czech writer.