Original Poetry Forums

REPORTING ON THE POETRY SCHOOL

05-01-2010 at 11:32:15 PM

REPORTING ON THE POETRY SCHOOL

FRIENDS ,'

The Poetry School is yet too young to compile and present a statistical report with figures on its growrh, in terms of membership. However, I am gratified to report that it is making steady progress. There are some new members lately. Other poets and poetic aspirants are curious and have been reading the lectures and showing general interest.
The lessons, are very enlightening and most of them are designed, in particular, by DH, Peat, to encourage "hands-on " enlightenment to poets who desire to improve their writing, Kabbalistic, from time to time,contributes valuable lessons, as well.Critique has been very courteous, friendly, sympathetic and helpful. Credit goes to John Wordslinger for his "torrid" programme of organising and promoting the school. What is like a flaming torch is burning away the dross from the Original Poetry site, for our poetry to shine forth like pure gold. By itself, gold cannot make a piece of jewellery. It must be blended with a metal of less value to form an alloy. In the School of Poetry, poets are helped to learn to blend the ideal or essence of their poetry with formal and instituted poetic elements which will unify or hold their poetry together as objets d' art par excellence

Last edited by cousinsoren 05-02-2010 at 04:39:29 AM

05-01-2010 at 11:54:48 PM

RE: REPORTING ON THE POETRY SCHOOL

Thank you my Fuzzy Cuzzy,
Its working little by little, we are trying a new process, so the threads are not clodded with QUOTED posts, there is no sense in qouting the posts, and alot can be done behind the scenes, in pms,and email, and chat messengers.
RHPeats class is almost organized, Nevilles will be started tomorrow when he goes over the new process, and adds in his features.
Kabbalistic is cleaning his with Papas and you my Cuzzy Fuzzy wuzzy you are next so
get go over to your room threads and see what you need done, you have students waiting on you,

NEW RULE, kill the quote button, thanks

WS

Last edited by WordSlinger 05-01-2010 at 11:56:53 PM

05-02-2010 at 12:12:14 AM

Yeah Cousin, but can one learn to bake a cherry pie, Billy boy, Billy boy...?
All seriousness aside though, I think the poetry classes are quite beneficial
to all the amateur wanna-be-poets here in OP Land............................

Now, I have to get back to my seat and wait for the changing of classes
before the teacher catches me pulling Ari's ponytail......................

smirk

05-02-2010 at 12:40:20 AM

wannabe's? come on boys, yes you go-boys...let's all write by the rules and be real poets. What's that? You scared? step up to the plate...try it (real poetry by real rules) you might like it.

05-02-2010 at 06:38:56 AM

RE: RE: REPORTING ON THE POETRY SCHOOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogant

Yeah Cousin, but can one learn to bake a cherry pie, Billy boy, Billy boy...?
All seriousness aside though, I think the poetry classes are quite beneficial
to all the amateur wanna-be-poets here in OP Land............................

Now, I have to get back to my seat and wait for the changing of classes
before the teacher catches me pulling Ari's ponytail......................

:

George, you are just too youthful! When is your "sixteenth" birrhday?LOLcheese

On a serious note......................the Poetry Class is creating waves. The lessons are sheer enlightenment and enjoyment.

05-02-2010 at 06:43:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria

wannabe's? come on boys, yes you go-boys...let's all write by the rules and be real poets. What's that? You scared? step up to the plate...try it (real poetry by real rules) you might like it.

Yea,Darling Aria,

Yeah, call 'em up!

I pray I find you doing very well. Did I see or hear you talking Yiddish some place with someone?..................LOLcheesegrin

Last edited by cousinsoren 05-02-2010 at 06:45:06 AM

05-02-2010 at 07:10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria

Well trying to learn all the puzzle peices ,that need to be put together before comming up with a perfect poem, (can be boring). Looking for the right answer isn't always easy.. Lets not forget that some of the best poems were wrote many years past without the help of naming it's sections of the poem.Your mind says write the poems. The other part says but knowledge is good.The combination can be helpful but lets don't forget the beauty..Don't let one out weigh the other and loose interest. Ladies and gentlemen we need both.Learning should be a good experience. Thumbs up for all of you.Don't try to be perfect just do your best and keep the poems comming.
gringringringrinsmile Aria good point but many wanna bees became one.When least expected.grin Example I had a family member who wrote the song Queen of my Heart. I thought the song was so so. I really didn't like it. He gave the song to a well known singers mother, She gave it to her family member. It then became a hit. Never say never. You would be surprised at the poets of today. Goods news comes when you least expect it.winkgrincool smile Our family enjoy reading your poems too.

05-02-2010 at 07:13:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordSlinger

Thank you my Fuzzy Cuzzy,
Its working little by little, we are trying a new process, so the threads are not clodded with QUOTED posts, there is no sense in qouting the posts, and alot can be done behind the scenes, in pms,and email, and chat messengers.
RHPeats class is almost organized, Nevilles will be started tomorrow when he goes over the new process, and adds in his features.
Kabbalistic is cleaning his with Papas and you my Cuzzy Fuzzy wuzzy you are next so
get go over to your room threads and see what you need done, you have students waiting on you,

NEW RULE, kill the quote button, thanks

WS
Kill the quote ???Then What ????LOLgrinsmile

If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886) American poet.