Original Poetry Forums

Adult sarcasim

03-18-2010 at 09:52:42 AM

Adult sarcasim

I don't know where to put this but I guess here will do fine. I have been removed from the Rate chat for two days because of some off hand refrance to sexual content. Athough no specifics have been made but the illusion was still there. I am older 39 and feel there should be a place for those of an adult nature that people can cut up in fun without being treated like children. I am not saying that teens should be subjected to things that are bad for them but lets grow up. I am not a little boy and I shouldn't feel like a small child everytime a poet gets thier panties in a bunch. Just a thought do with it as you will I will not change either way but hate to be policed by people with short limited sense of humor or lack of imagination Plot121...rolleyes

03-18-2010 at 11:18:02 AM

RE: Adult sarcasim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plot121

I don't know where to put this but I guess here will do fine. I have been removed from the Rate chat for two days because of some off hand refrance to sexual content. Athough no specifics have been made but the illusion was still there. I am older 39 and feel there should be a place for those of an adult nature that people can cut up in fun without being treated like children. I am not saying that teens should be subjected to things that are bad for them but lets grow up. I am not a little boy and I shouldn't feel like a small child everytime a poet gets thier panties in a bunch. Just a thought do with it as you will I will not change either way but hate to be policed by people with short limited sense of humor or lack of imagination Plot121...rolleyes

ALL RELIGIONS, CHURCHES AND CULTS HAVE IRRATIONAL MORAL RULES AND CENSURES, My Friend. If there were no rules and censures,, there would be no sins to justify their existence.

03-18-2010 at 02:32:05 PM

I agree yet please tell me why we should be policed like children when we all have a right to say or disagree with anything that any one else has to say. For last time I checked the map I lived in the USA, a place where they say we can exercise that freedom of speech so please point me to the outlet or chat place within OP that will apply to the situation. As for Sins, and such we are all accountable for our actions but I have given no insult to anyone or anything speaking in vauge terms I should think that I am in within my rights to say what I do. I have heard Poets call each other vulgar names and not many of them are booted off the chat room why am I singled out please anyone advise me. Plot121angry

03-18-2010 at 05:22:14 PM

I don't participate in the chat rooms but there seems a simple enough solution...OP could make one designated for 18 and older, use the "adult content" warning if needed.

03-18-2010 at 06:52:42 PM
  • Londo
  • Londo

RE: RE: Adult sarcasim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria

I don't participate in the chat rooms but there seems a simple enough solution...OP could make one designated for 18 and older, use the "adult content" warning if needed.

Great idea. I too avoid chats, I talk faster than I type, and sometimes think. But I love a good sense of humor, even if it is a little off color at times. red face

03-23-2010 at 08:55:28 PM

Quote:

I agree yet please tell me why we should be policed like children when we all have a right to say or disagree with anything that any one else has to say. For last time I checked the map I lived in the USA, a place where they say we can exercise that freedom of speech so please point me to the outlet or chat place within OP that will apply to the situation. As for Sins, and such we are all accountable for our actions but I have given no insult to anyone or anything speaking in vauge terms I should think that I am in within my rights to say what I do. I have heard Poets call each other vulgar names and not many of them are booted off the chat room why am I singled out please anyone advise me. Plot121angry

I AM THINKING THAT IT MAY BE NECESSARY TO CREATE A X-RATED OR FREE CHAT ROOM , IN ADDITION TO THE PRESENT CHAT ROOM, TO WHICH AN OP MEMBER OR THE OP MODERATOR OR THE CONTRIBUTOR OF SUCH AN ITEM MAY , WITHOUT OFFENDING ANYONE, OR BE OFFENDED HIMSELF/ HERSELF, POST OR TRANSFER AN ITEM OF SEEMINGLY "UNCTUOUS" CHARACTER.. ALL WISEHEADS ENJOY A POTTY, , ONCE IN A WHILE, ESPECIALLY IF THERE IS A SAVORY BIG HOLE IN IT.IT IS NOT A BAD IDEA TO PROVIDE SPACE FOR POETIC RIBALDRY, BUT 'There must be a place for everything, and everything must be in its place." With such a provison, no one may have cause to feel victimisedf nor singled out, if he/she is temporraily removed from chat to x-rated or free chat or post in that area. At the same time, we must always bear in mind that the primary purpose of OP ,as is well laid out in its manifesto, is for each of us to assist one another to become better OP poets. Let us not depart from our main ideal. .

ncidentally, I have not dsicovered any incident of insultive words levelled by an OP Member against another. If that used to occur in the past, it appears to have been discontinued. I hope I am right.

Last edited by cousinsoren 03-23-2010 at 09:01:11 PM

04-09-2010 at 01:03:35 PM

RE: RE: RE: Adult sarcasim

I AGREE WITH THE IDEA OF AN "ALL ADULT" ROOM. THAT WAY NO ONE WILL FEEL THAT THEIR FREEDOM OF SPEECH HAS BEEN LIMITED OR STRIPPED FROM THEM. THIS ROOM WITH GIVE ADULTS A PLACE TO SPEAK THEIR MIND FREELYAND NOT WORRY ABOUT THE YOUNGER POETS BEING IN THEIR AND SEEING THE LANGUAGE THAT IS DEEMED INAPPROPRIATE FOR THEIR AGE. BU I ALSO AGREE THEIR SHOULD BE BASIC GROUND RULES IN THE ROOM . AND IT SHOULD BE POSTED THAT WHATEVER HAPPENS IN THIS ROOM THAT ANYONE WHO COMES INTO IT CAME ON THEIR OWN FREE WILL. AND UPON DOING SO SHOULD REALIZE THIS ROOM IS AN UNLIMITED DEAL AND NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. AND THE POETS IN THE ROOM SPEAK THEIR MIND. SO IF YOU CANNOT HANDLE THE CONVERSASTIONS PLEASE REFRAIN FROM ENTERING IN THE ROOM. THE CONVERSATIONS MAY BE FRANK . SO PLEASE DO NOT ENTER IF YOU CANNOT HANDLE IT. i AM 100% FOR THE IDEA.

04-09-2010 at 01:30:00 PM

Quote:

I don't know where to put this but I guess here will do fine. I have been removed from the Rate chat for two days because of some off hand refrance to sexual content.

Contacting me first might have been a good idea. Or support, but this is fine.

To clarify one thing, you were not removed from chat. I talked to someone else on your behalf today, and was notified of your issues connecting to the chat again. I am looking into it. What happens exactly when you try? Do you even see the list of rooms? I'm not seeing you on the outcast list of any room. I've also re-created both your chat accounts, so maybe try again?

And about the sexual content. That's generally not accepted in chat. The room is available for all ages, so we've asked people to keep it Rated-PG. I will agree, we need to update the Terms to explain this better, but me and the other moderators usually ask people to tone it down, not boot people (unless they blatantly don't stop and things get out of hand of course).

-Papa Paczki

04-09-2010 at 01:32:24 PM

RE: RE: RE: RE: Adult sarcasim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethane1978

I AGREE WITH THE IDEA OF AN "ALL ADULT" ROOM.

This is something that's been thought of before, and is still on the ideas board. The only problem with it is it opens up originalpoetry.com to become a place for XXX conversations and happenings. We've had a lot of issues in the past sexual predators and other pedophiles, and really don't want to open the door to them again.

Now, with that being said, there is the option for user-created rooms. Those rooms are moderated by the ones who create them. We don't moderate them ourselves (unless asked), and you could create a room for whatever you want. That might be the best option for this for the time being.

-Papa Paczki

04-09-2010 at 01:37:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsoren

ALL RELIGIONS, CHURCHES AND CULTS HAVE IRRATIONAL MORAL RULES AND CENSURES, My Friend. If there were no rules and censures,, there would be no sins to justify their existence.

BTW, Terms & Conditions state...

17.The use of gratuitous profanity, violence, or gratuitous sexual representations will not be allowed on OriginalPoetry.com. If you feel that your poetry requires the use of these devices, then your poetry is not for OriginalPoetry.com. If you choose to post poems of this nature YOUR PROFILE WILL BE TERMINATED. If you currently have poems up of this nature, YOUR PROFILE WILL BE TERMINATED

Obviously you can amend your poems posting rights by agreeing to the Alternative Content adjustment to them, and post anything you want there. However, we currently have no such agreemtn for chat.

-Papa Paczki

04-09-2010 at 02:12:39 PM

I by no means am insulting to any one poet or person. I have simply defined a word without actually saying it staight out. I have not cursed or been disrespectful. But it floors me how poets can talk down to thier fellow poets in a name calling manner and nothing is done to them yet if I define a word not in cursing but create the illusion of what I am saying how is that not right. The word hypocrosy comes to mind. I have talked in great deatil with others here and found my explination for things is right on the nut!!! This phase could be construde as a bad description but everyone knows esactly what I am saying, How could this remark be using descriptions like this be held in a fashion that assalts the tastes of people. If that were the case then why am I getting booted for comments like this or being hung like a grasshopper. This is what vexes me the most. I was told I can express myself as I saw fit as along as it was respectful to everyone. I have done that and still am hounded by Neo Nazi chatters that think my colorful way of description is too much for others to handle. I am tame compared to what society has given to our kids as of late. And saying I am a person contributing to the problem is ridiculous. I may have different ways of explaining myself. But in a lot of them one needs to do some reseach to get the meaning, maybe they should read a book and look under double meaning. The greatest text in the world have double meaning to them but I don't see people condeming them. I do but we call them, and they get the lable of Nazi added to them so my only resort to the matter is calling the Chatter that booted me off is like calling them a chatting nazi. For that is the only way I could define such a narrow minded person. I uderstand that this may alienate me from my fellow poets and that most may not see the reasoning behind what I say. Yet if it were wrong to talk about butterflys in a certain way then it is limiting the realm of expereince and if one dones that it ultimatly limits the options one has. Poetry and communication gives us all the chance to define what we feel so in speech or in text we should engage that right equally. As for making a room for poets above the age of 18 I think that a fantastic idea. We have rooms to yell at each other and give out negitive energy, I ask for a simple place where adalts can exchange thier thoughts without being told that they can't express themselves openly. A poetry site should offer this venue for it is only right to have it if you are going to post thier work. As for the Nazi Chatter, I simply say this if you close the oprions of others then expect no quarter from others about your narrow mindedness. Your digging your own ditch by limiting others possibilities and know by doing so one day someone may limit yours as well Expect it rely on it but don't complain when it is done to you Plot121....angry

Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words.

Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.