Original Poetry Forums

Actual Events?

04-23-2009 at 11:58:04 PM

Actual Events?

I keep coming back to this page, looking for an event like a poetry weekend (which I'm finding myself trying to organize). I have yet to find some. Soooooo...is ANYBODY out there interested in getting together for a weekend of poetry reading, relaxation and getting a chance to talk to people who have actually had their work published? Or am I the only one? smile

05-04-2009 at 11:27:51 PM

Re: Actual Events?

Okay, maybe I should clarify myself.

I am interested in meeting up with other poets for a poetry weekend. Sharing poetry, hearing from people that have been published, whatever. Is there seriously NOBODY else that is interested in this?

oh oh

05-06-2009 at 11:43:58 PM

I think it would be a great idea grin

05-11-2009 at 01:23:33 AM

Yanno, jd...me too! So...when are you going to organize it? cheese

05-14-2009 at 09:53:05 AM

GOOD IDEA BUT HARD TO PUT TOGETHER.

05-16-2009 at 09:58:20 PM

Yes, it's definitely hard to put together. But first we have to find people that are actually interested in getting together... confused

05-16-2009 at 10:16:56 PM

sounds like a great idea. A whole weekend would be ambitious. If you have it all weekend then you would have to post an agenda in advance with various options. I happen to like writing poems with other poets. From time to time I have gone in the chat room and contributed to an ongoing poem. Good luck and Onyx I hope it can happen!!
ginga

05-16-2009 at 10:59:15 PM

Thanks, Ginga!

I'm hoping that enough people will be willing to participate. I wouldn't want it to be one of those you-have-to-participate-in-every-possible-event-offered kind of weekends. Even though I haven't quite figured out exactly how I want the weekend to go, I know that I do want it to be poets ages 18 and older. There are quite a few poets that I've spoken to that have adult-themed pieces of poetry, and I feel it would be in the best to keep it at an adult level.

With this being the first event of its kind by OriginalPoetry poets (as far as I know), I think that it should be more fun than anything. Of course there will be some serious poetry throw downs in the evening, and some time to hear from people who have been published and can give tips, but overall I want this to be a relaxing, fun atmosphere for everybody.

And hey--I'm trying to get in some vacation time myself, so I'm not attempting to have my daily activities scheduled to the hilt and full of workshops and lectures. Ppppfffttt, please. I'm trying to get my R&R on too, dag nabbit! tongue laugh

If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886) American poet.