Looking forward smirk
tongue rolleye

11-14-2009 at 01:20:44 AM

Re: READ THIS ... IT IS ABOUT US!!

beautiful!

11-14-2009 at 07:54:31 AM

Mamasan,
I love your poem.It is beautiful and inspiring and a great tribute to all of us poets.Thank you for sharing this wonderful poem and your special talent.Have a great day!
Countrypoet grin

11-14-2009 at 08:54:22 AM

Thank you for the kind words and as you know appreciation and recognition is the lifeline of all bards.
My love affair with bards started at 11 years old when a nun taught the class Evangeline and it has continued to this day. We all know that Longfellow did role model for us...that while we sing the praises of nature over hill, rill, and dale, that we must help raise the conscience for social injustice. tongue wink

11-14-2009 at 09:03:22 AM

Definitely your ode to us bards is truly the secret all carry within their spirit. Yes, and in these
few verses; you allow us to look within your beautiful mind. While I give you a 10+ rating, it
is apparent from these verses you belong in the bards hall of fame. rolleyes

11-14-2009 at 10:55:16 AM

A lovely description of our common interest. We are the Poets of Today. However, I fear sometimes a dying breed. We live our lives thru the written word, express our emotions and thoughts. Baring our souls for the world to read.
Keep Poetry alive, Keep Living, Dreaming and Writing my friends! grin

11-14-2009 at 11:22:38 AM

I share the same thoughts as you dear Knight. But, yet hopefully my belief is that we bards have become more active than ever. When I think of the work that one man got going, namely Longfellow, then I tell myself that the bards will be heard. Gosh, remember Longfellow when he was grieving his belove wife Mary, he went travelling, and really pricked the consciousness of many bards regarding men who were held in virtual slavery. I am sure you know the whole story and I refer to it just to encourage you....that yes the cacaphony of all our miscellaneous poetry will enter the recesses of our spirits with the help of the internet. And, remember Longfellow did it before the internet was even a far-vision. Peace be with you and peace attend you dear knight. cool smile

11-14-2009 at 12:44:05 PM

shameless plug, a piece i just wrote, on this topic:
http://www.originalpoetry.com/nyc-phoenix

caught some of Bill Moyers last night ... PBS segment on POETS HOUSE in NYC ... if you haven't heard of it yet, it's worth a Google goggle, lol smile

i believe poetry is on the rise, friends ... we grew up in its decline ... but must look around us and take in the consciousness of the hive mind all around us ... it is on the rise, truly, like a Phoenix ... ENJOY! ... luv to all you beautiful writers! thx for all your posting here and elsewhere!

-dh

11-14-2009 at 01:22:28 PM

Thank you everybody for your comments! I really appreciate it
I think Poetry has always being present, is always present and will always be present because of us POETS that brings it “alive” whenever a piece is written. Maybe I must have used another word instead of “alive” I used the word as a meaning of active, breathing, animate, energetic, etc.etc. Please let me know if I have to change it.

Thank you,
red face

11-14-2009 at 01:24:46 PM

I caught the post shameless one; but it was a well deserved plug. And, I am glad I went along for the ride as I took the bus called nostalgia thru the scenery you gave us thru your special brand of wordscraftsmanship. I remember the coffee house by Washington Square and so I am glad I
clicked on your shameless plug. rofl tongue rolleye

11-14-2009 at 02:11:40 PM

lol! ty, mamasan!
-dh

11-14-2009 at 02:17:10 PM

Your welcome I am sure. Nothing like witnessing a dancing hawk creating a song while he's dancing. wink

11-15-2009 at 05:45:01 AM

That is a very beautiful poem...IT really captured the essence of the poets in this sight...I like the flow too...Love it grin

11-15-2009 at 08:54:36 AM

Hiya Stellar: Yes, and your latching on here proves that poetry will be kept alive no matter what happens in our atmosphere. But of course it serves another purpose too.....it will also nudge our senses to times gone past and only the poet 'reader' can control that...... red face

11-16-2009 at 03:57:43 AM

YeAh you're right, with the rise of media poets now become an extinct creatures///but at least this site is kind of sanctuary for the poets...We are not only surviving but also thriving... grin

11-16-2009 at 08:00:30 AM

Yes, this is a sanctuary of sorts stellar but I don't see where it will ever be extinct.

Because poems are like a tree.....each leaf branches out and spreads out and latches on to another branch endlessly. So there is no chance for extinction because they will rise even out of the ashes.

mamasan tongue rolleye

11-17-2009 at 03:36:21 PM

I am confused; whos poem is it: Mamasun or Secretdream?

11-17-2009 at 04:05:39 PM

If your asking about "It iIs About Us!!" forestbird, it belongs to sweetdreams or sacreddreams....forgot which. If, I am not mistaken, that particular poet won the contest.

Last week, I was asking the same thing but I figured I was just confused. Perhaps there is a glitch on this particular topic. But I did not author that nice piece of work.

oh oh

11-17-2009 at 07:07:56 PM

Thank you for writing this...I am honored to be among the greats here, on Original Poetry...I am surrounded by very talented artist...Toni D. smile

11-17-2009 at 07:09:28 PM

Re: Re: READ THIS ... IT IS ABOUT US!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonid

Thank you for writing this...I am honored to be among the greats here, on Original Poetry...I am surrounded by very talented artists...Toni D. smile
A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.
Mark Twain
My favorite Quote...Thank you again.....

Last edited by tonid 11-17-2009 at 07:09:54 PM

11-17-2009 at 08:51:54 PM

tonid I too congratulate sweetdreams for the poetry she wrote: IT IS ABOUT US!!

tonid I too like that quote by Mark Twain....we must definitely give ourselves approval and a good clap of the hands besides. Right?

May I also share with you that perhaps some of us, if not all of us, are really a reincarnation of the
troubadors of old....... wink

The true philosopher and the true poet are one, and a beauty, which is truth, and a truth, which is beauty, is the aim of both.

Ralph Waldo Emerson, American Poet (1803-1882)