Original Poetry Forums

Is there hope after success ?

11-07-2009 at 06:31:27 PM

Is there hope after success ?

I wonder if the winners in the 1st poet-of-the-week contests have a chance to be picked again for the next book..................................gogant

long face

11-08-2009 at 12:07:45 AM

Re: Is there hope after success ?

LOL Of course, Mr G.."hope springs eternal", as some successful sage has been quoted over the centuries. You know, when I get this record deal, I'm gonna make sure I get lots of airplay on the local stations and blast off from there. I can already here the reporters...What? (are you sure?)Nevermind.. this is the poetry site
Back to some semblance of reality...You'll get another crack at it, as will they.

You got your work in print
some eyes are gonna squint
How long you say
before that day
We see you made a mint.
cool smile LOL big surprise

11-08-2009 at 12:10:08 AM

By the way, I thought that self portrait of yours was part of the "private" collection. cool smile

11-08-2009 at 12:29:00 AM

Yeah Mr. Ink, you quote 'em and I'll note 'em. Won't it be terrific if the book of us 52 poets made us rich...yeah, that's rich...
I wasn't going to tell anybody that it is a self-portrait...oh well, the bag is out of the bag now............................................ sick

11-09-2009 at 10:50:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogant

I wonder if the winners in the 1st poet-of-the-week contests have a chance to be picked again for the next book..................................gogant

long face

Absolutely. Its a fresh slate. Everyone can win. Voting starts today.

-Papa Paczki

11-21-2009 at 10:56:04 AM

Success often leads to greater success, I imagine smile

11-22-2009 at 11:24:42 AM

Yes, good luck Charlie23! It's your turn excaim

Poetry is either something that lives like fire inside you or else it is nothing, an empty formalized bore around which pedants can endlessly drone their notes and explanations.

Unknown Source