Original Poetry Forums

Rantings of a Divorced Woman

08-06-2009 at 12:04:01 AM

My poetry book has been published it is a book about of poetry about the emotions I went through during and after my divorce. I am having a book signing in Anderson Indiana on August 22, 2009, this is my second of many I hope. My first one is also a speaking engagment at United Baptist Church of Gilliam Twsp in Rensselaer Indiana. This is an an exciting time for me hope you will attend!!! cool hmm

08-06-2009 at 07:36:09 PM

Re: Rantings of a Divorced Woman

Well, it looks as though you got it made...poetry, whether it be about good times or bad, will always be in demand. I wish I could come to the speaking engagement, but, alas, I live too far away. Good luck, Bren...

08-06-2009 at 07:48:28 PM

Thank you for your support gogant, its the thought that counts. Sorry you can't attend but I appreciate the thought.
Brenda grin

08-06-2009 at 09:31:39 PM

Well, dear heart, I share you pain - at least my version of it which is much more extensive than I care to dwell on. If I may rant and rave a bit - I am the survivor of two major divorces: a twenty year one with two children and a ten year one with two more children. To say I've survived is not to marginalize what my life in all respects could have been with out the insidious damages of divorce. I'm reasonably happy now as a single father but I have spent thousands(literally) of hours not just dealing with divorce but considering it all in insight meditation and prayer. I gather you are a Christian, as am I in my own path and way. I think of the dark nights of the soul that led to the edges of sanity, and I know only He gave me the inner resources to get up and face another day. So - Onward into the Light, like other survivors we must forgive but never forget.

08-06-2009 at 10:28:40 PM

JJMann,
I am sorry to hear of the heart ache you have faced yes it is an ordeal no matter the reason that love died. It still breaks the heart,yes with Gods help I have found new strength and new peace. Divorce is never easy but hopefully the new path God has set my feet to leads to a better life that is what I am claiming and believing him for. Thank you for sharing and may God bless and keep you.
Brenda

08-07-2009 at 09:31:11 AM

Hi Bren:
I'm little too far from your book signing too, but I hope you "knock 'em dead". I've had my marital disaster too. It's posted as "Zen Stick". But here's a short one to remember for the future. I called it "Love's Story":

Enraptured bliss?
The die is cast.
How long will this
Love story last?
And who will rue
It when it’s past?
No one intends
Love’s tale to end
But if you’ll look
You’ll see, my friend
As bubbling brooks
Do turn and bend,
When the Spring
For lovers ends
There’s just no way
To make amends.
And I pray
You may
Remain as friends.

Copyright July 22nd, 2009
1CrazyGrampa

08-07-2009 at 12:02:25 PM
  • poetography
  • poetography

one of the best feeling in the world to hold your own book!!!
I know the work that went into it ..
Bravo

08-07-2009 at 04:00:02 PM

Ty poetography

08-11-2009 at 09:11:34 PM

Book signing-speaking engagement went well was quite a blessing and learning experience for me. Now its on to the nexzt one a book signing in Anderson, IN. August 22, 2009 1-4 at Waldens book store.

08-11-2009 at 09:40:43 PM
  • poetography
  • poetography

bravo
what is book name send me amazon link

08-11-2009 at 11:05:45 PM

Name of my book is Rantings of a Divorced Woman U can get it from Barnes and Noble online just put in Brenda Prater and it should come up I hope u enjoy it!!! red face

08-12-2009 at 07:24:08 AM
  • poetography
  • poetography

Thank you !!!!!!!!!

Poetry is not the expression of personality but an escape from personality.

T. S. Eliot (1888-1965) American-English poet and playwright.