Original Poetry Forums

contest

07-06-2009 at 02:33:43 PM

contest

I really don't care what you think of my pic, but to tell people if they want to win get out there get higher score's and get your friend's to help is crazy! I have seen people with a score of 2 that has more meaning then someone with a ten !!!!!!I think you sould go by the meaning not a rating! Who care's about a rating? I had my son tear mine down they mean nothing it's the meaning not the score learn it.And yes some spelling can be bad like when I had a broke had but people still got the meaning and that's all that matter's.Alot write for a score i'm learning, A true poet write's from the heart!Get it?

P.S.I have never read a poetry book that at the end of each page there was a rating!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by shannon 07-07-2009 at 04:50:38 PM

07-06-2009 at 06:36:10 PM

Re: contest

Couldnt have said it any better! Good for you girl!

07-06-2009 at 09:41:50 PM

100 percent agree with you. It'S the feelings and message behind the poem that you write that invokes feelings from others, not a 10. grin

07-08-2009 at 12:09:27 AM

It's too bad there is no way to keep the poet name blocked until the poem has been commented on and rated. Or maybe the winner should be the poem that gets the most comments. That would discourage people from leaving nasty mean or comments that are not constructive, if the comment in it self was part of the rating. and clearly if there is a comment left it means that poem touched people.......

After it came to my attention that the giver of a comment can DELETE the comment after it has been left and after the giver of that comment has rated the poem.....it's obvious that OP didn't fix anything and the unknown rate ripper is still out there ripping apart ratings. So therefore I will no longer allow my poems to be rated. It's all good because I never wanted to have one of them published in a book I would be required to buy anyway. It is what it is and I will appriciate it for what it is and what it brings to my life.....Fuck a rating !!!!!!!

ok I'll shut up now. rolleyes

When power leads man towards arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the area of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses.

John F. Kennedy (1917-1963) Thirty-fifth President of the USA